Am I the only one giving up on JoyPro?

Cavemanhead

The concept is great...  If I could only master it. 🙂

The binding/mapping process in DCS is straight-forward but tedious.  I thought JoyPro was supposed to make it easy.  It's like it randomly decides to map a profile when it feels like it...  I have a clean file, and yet simple things like landing gear or arrestor hook show up in JoyPro but they wont map to DCS.  Instead of making it easier, it's ended up being a challenge of its own.  

But, I know others would not think about not using it so I'm assuming it's me and not DCS or the program.    

Edited by Cavemanhead

I mean you could use a template like my Holdi.pr0file or rl file to go based up off. I have already mapped for most planes most functions that belong together amongst most to all air frames together so it becomes only a thing of you mapping it to your liking. 

For the 2nd thing it might be that the relation you have might not include it properly, maybe the database needs an update or so. As im currently moving apartments, I do not have that much time in the next 2-3 weeks but after that if you still want to try it or need a helping hand, feel free to pm me or show up in the joypro discord. Or even message here.

Have a nice day!

I read my original post and it was way to strong and have reworded to put a more accurate emphasis on the message I was trying to get across (that it didn't seem to work for me...  probably because I did not understand the concept as well as I thought).

And I want to personally think you for the effort and time spent to make such a useable program for so many folks.  I'd really like to learn to use it better and will look you up in a few weeks if at all possible.  Thanks again for your capability, professionalism, kindness, and generosity.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2023 at 2:28 PM, GottHold said:

Tell me where you are stuck and I can try explain (at least for the joypro side).

Thank you for the offer, very kind.  Actually, I don't seem to have a need.  I initially was trying gremlin to make a set of racing pedals operate as rudder pedals, but I've moved well beyond that as I continue to invest in combat sim gear!!

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/8/2023 at 1:24 PM, Keith Briscoe said:

totally agree....  I haven't figured out how joypro or gremlin or others would actually help me.

As far as Gremlin goes (I have no knowledge of JoyPro), it does allow you to have different mappings for the same aircraft tied to what mode you're in. For instance, I have a Virpil TM3 and use the 5 position dial control to set modes (usually equivalent to being in Nav, A/A & A/G). In Nav then I might have momentary switches bound to things like gear, flaps etc but the same switches will work things for the TPOD in A/G.  Similarly my trigger will be bound to the wheel brakes in Nav but cannon/pickle in A/G or A/A.  So it can make a limited number of inputs go a long way.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been trying out various combinations of button boxes with DCS. JoyPro has been invaluable in changing mappings across multiple aircraft. It has proven totally reliable for me. The biggest challenge has been Windows reassigning Arduino controllers but JoyPro also allows for swapping devices.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

• 4 weeks later...

I just found out about JoyPro after installing a fresh new Windows 10..   But when I download the latest version 0092, it looks like it contains the programmer's source code.  There are over 20 'System.xxx' files, and in all, over 387 files in the entire download.  But the grim reaper's tutorial shows only a few files in his download...

I just also, tried my first Merge, and JP crashed.  The log had a lot of references to this folder: 'D:\Dropbox\Programmierung\c#\JoyPro\JoystickProfiler\JoyPro\JoyPro\...', which is not even on my system.

Where is the normal download, without all the source code??

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

On 2/5/2024 at 12:13 PM, Snacko said:

I just found out about JoyPro after installing a fresh new Windows 10..   But when I download the latest version 0092, it looks like it contains the programmer's source code.  There are over 20 'System.xxx' files, and in all, over 387 files in the entire download.  But the grim reaper's tutorial shows only a few files in his download...

I just also, tried my first Merge, and JP crashed.  The log had a lot of references to this folder: 'D:\Dropbox\Programmierung\c#\JoyPro\JoystickProfiler\JoyPro\JoyPro\...', which is not even on my system.

Where is the normal download, without all the source code??

I think you downloaded the raw file. Go to builds, click on 0092 zip file then look for the 3 dots top right above where you see raw. JoyPro Download Page

joypro_download.jpg