B1-B/B-52 AI bombing tutorial

grim_reaper68

11 hours ago, grim_reaper68 said:

Here is the mission.

B2 should attack the ZSU group, the group of 4 B52 the T80 and the B1-B the BMP3... but they do what they want. A little bit frustrating....

B-52H_attack group test.miz 26.79 kB · 1 download

When I viewed it, the B-52x2 group attacked the group off on the island, the B-52x4 attacked the tanks, and the B1-B group attacked the BMP3s repeatedly until all units were gone.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

In fact, I used your mission and added some groups and aircrafts. If you look in the mission editor, the 2 B52 attack the group you made, and nomally, the group of 4 B52 should bomb the T80 on the north of the airfield (CAS, attack group T80 in the mission editor at WP2, altitude above 15000).Same for the B1-B, but even if I set the altitude above at 8000ft up, they go lower and will be shooted by the machine gun of the ground units. I also tested B52's AGM86 ground attack, some of them go to the target, but some will only fly in circle until they run out of fuel.

1 hour ago, grim_reaper68 said:

In fact, I used your mission and added some groups and aircrafts. If you look in the mission editor, the 2 B52 attack the group you made, and nomally, the group of 4 B52 should bomb the T80 on the north of the airfield (CAS, attack group T80 in the mission editor at WP2, altitude above 15000).Same for the B1-B, but even if I set the altitude above at 8000ft up, they go lower and will be shooted by the machine gun of the ground units. I also tested B52's AGM86 ground attack, some of them go to the target, but some will only fly in circle until they run out of fuel.

The mission plays completely different for me. The B-52x2 kill their assigned units in a single pass. The B-52x4 group dropped all their bombs in a single pass. I think there was 1 T-80 left. The B-1B group focused on the BPMs. Once they were destroyed (it took several passes), they took out the lone T-80. All ground units were destroyed. I wasn’t paying attention to altitudes. So I can’t speak to that.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.