F14A DCS 2.9 aircraft becomes unstable and explodes. No threat.

Gizzy

F14A DCS 2.9 aircraft becomes unstable and explodes in mission.  No threat within 100nm and those are not spawned at this point.  Becomes unstable around 0:30

No idea whether issues is DCS or HB or in between 🙂

SIGBLOCK.png

• ED Team

Hi Gizzy 

do you know if it is possible to reproduce in single player?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for coming back BN, no, never heard of any of the lads having this SP.  By the way this was MT on standalone server.  TCN on carrier, AWAC & Tanker didn't play other ATC on these did, we also tried the new voicechat feature to no avail so it all may be connected or the latter incorrectly setup.  Shout if you want the miz, simple triggers no scripting.

SIGBLOCK.png

No idea if the pilot did or did not.  We do a lot close formation around the boat and this is a new one to us.  His positioning should  not have been in any turbulence zone, and we all regularly tank each mission and despite obviously hitting the vortex's there has been no issues other than the occasional engine stall in the 'A'.  Certainly turbulence is engaged in mission params

SIGBLOCK.png

16 hours ago, Gizzy said:

No idea if the pilot did or did not.  We do a lot close formation around the boat and this is a new one to us.  His positioning should  not have been in any turbulence zone, and we all regularly tank each mission and despite obviously hitting the vortex's there has been no issues other than the occasional engine stall in the 'A'.  Certainly turbulence is engaged in mission params

A friend on a different continent and I started running into this last year, and as far as we could determine it was caused by a combination of ED's wake turbulence and network lag. It only occurred when we were flying near, but not necessarily close to one another. Best we could guess is some sort of packet loss occurs, either the server or the client does some sort of extreme extrapolation of where the other aircraft should be, and that creates an extremely violent vortex in a place it shouldn't be. Pardon the language in both these clips, they weren't really made with public consumption in mind, but you can see in both cases the violent tumbles occur.

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxCYI-LbBCj7twkyOQ78-_f9afCz3EVeAv?si=zBFeggavVVViKEDB

In the second one me aggressively approaching my buddy and decelerating causes _him_ to tumble as if I blew past him.

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxQ_jGwRX03Y0GobytxJLeXxTiv26TfQs8?si=Psvyv7jFUn_TE4f3

After six months of this I turned off the wake turbulence option on the server we use and we haven't seen this behavior since. It might be worth a try.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1