Dialing back the glare, haze and dust effects

Lasko

Can someone suggest what I'm doing wrong to have the glare and haze effects be so bad?  I understand the idea of trying to adjust the effects for direction, sun ,etc. but now it feels like 1/2 the time I am flying blind in the fog.  Now with the added dust effects it is almost impossible to operate near the ground facing anywhere near the sun.

I fly real airplanes all the time in the daylight and am never blinded to the point that I can't see clouds and terrain.  This seems like I either have something set wrong, or is just so broken that I can't even fathom.

Appreciate any suggestions.

null

image.png

I appreciate the huge dynamic area in DCS. 
Sometimes I reduce gamma to 1.5 for a more pleasing image.

• Thanks 1

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

Thanks, I'll try both of those.  It has been increasingly frustrating since 2.8.  I finally figured out to fix the light-switch brightness issue by running MT, and wasn't sure about playing around with gamma.  Definitely worth a shot.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Moxica said:

Sometimes I reduce gamma to 1.5 for a more pleasing image.

This is what I've been missing.  I saw something about 2.2 being the recommended setting, but after changing it to 2.0 it is much better.  It could definitely go lower I feel too.  And reshade sounds even better when I get some time to set it up properly.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

ETA: I stumbled across this thread too that had good suggestions.  Tweaking the Nvidia control panel to Brightness, Contrast and Vibrance 60, along with gamma 0.95 made a huge difference.

Screen_231026_185249.png

Edited by Lasko