A2G - How to switch mk82 Snakeeye highdrag / lowdrag

Fliegerkalle

5 hours ago, Fliegerkalle said:

Hi all, 

if I fly alone A2G with jester how I can tell jester to switch the mk82 snakeeye from highdrag to lowdrag ? 

Hi, as a reference on the F14 DCS Manual Chapter 4.3.2 / page 329-335

You can find a lot of detailed infos about weapons system as per your specific question:

Pag. 334:

All of the Mk-80 bombs has nose fuzes only and should be dropped with the nose (N) fuze setting on the mechanical
fuze switch on the RIO armament panel
. The Mk-82AIR and Snake Eye variants use the tail fuze wire to enable bomb
retardation meaning that the nose/tail (N/T) mechanical fuze option should be used if retardation is needed

Ciao

Edited by pokeraccio
  • Like 2

For proper impact point calculation RIO has to select the MK 82 H or L weapon version (meaning High or Low drag) on the WPN TYPE selector. I don't know if Jester does that.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

11 hours ago, Nealius said:

Jester A2G menu, fusing options: N/T (nose/tail) for high drag, Nose for low drag.

Thx for the answer - but did you test it ? I am also sure that this worked in the past but not anymore - it stays all the time on high drag. No matter which fuze option I choose. 

BR Fliegerkalle 

On 10/30/2023 at 12:25 PM, draconus said:

For proper impact point calculation RIO has to select the MK 82 H or L weapon version (meaning High or Low drag) on the WPN TYPE selector. I don't know if Jester does that.

Just tested in 2.9. Jester does select WPN Type correctly depending on our weapon selection. But if we only have one type ex. Mk82 AIR and want to drop it low drag Jester can only select the mech fuze correctly (when asked to) but he keeps the WPN Type the same (MK 82 H) - so we won't get the correct impact point calculation until we go back seat and select WPN Type ourselves to MK 82 L.

• Like 3

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria