Why the fw190 a8

Hi all,

Really struggling to understand the product placement on this. We already have a 190 Dora...I've been a loyal fanboy for dcs supporting buying modules on day 1 release even if it's not my most goto module so I can support the continued dev of the platform and genre I love....buiuuuut wtf ...I just dont get it why they do t develop a different ac that brings in the $$$ as ww2 ac are easier to develop ...and have a high roi....anyhow over to you guys for enlightenment...

Welcome to the forum... though I'd say it's kind of a WTF question in itself to be honest.

The right question should actually be opposite - why Dora? It doesn't fit any maps released till now or in current development. Granted, I know it was made by ED as a performance-comparable opponent for the Mustang back in 2014 when no other WWII content existed in DCS at all. Still, as of today, neither it nor 109-K4 make any historic sense over Channel and Normandy maps.

And this is why Anton was chosen by ED as the very first German plane that does fit both maps very well. Even though countless arguments were made about engine  and armament configuration chosen for it, at least it's the German plane that actually flew and fought hard over these areas. And since it was THE most produced version of Fw-190, it's quite obvious why we've got it in DCS at last.

As for other German planes - yes, more period-correct version of Me-109 would be nice. Would it bring more money than K-4? Maybe, maybe not. Maybe we'll get it someday. Right now, however, ED is heading for Pacific with its upcoming Hellcat, so that's that.

By the way, that's a wrong forum section for your question anyway. It should go in general A-8 section.

Edited by Art-J
  • Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

The WWll aircraft are a hodgepodge of mixed versions that don’t really match up in the conflict. I think it would be easy to add more versions to allow more realistic gameplay. The 109 should have been the G or E or maybe both. There should be some of the razorback aircraft like the 47. Also there needs to be more variety of modules to choose from and even more twin engine aircraft like the 38 or 110. Many of the planes that are in game should be updated. I know this is just wishful thinking, but it would be nice to see more types of aircraft. I know the La-7 is coming, the Hellcat and the Corsair but they will need a Zero at the least to fight, so that’s where we miss on the WWll aircraft. Just my 2 cents, but in my opinion the 190 A-8 needs a performance recheck because was a more formidable opponent then what we have now.

4 hours ago, Iron Sights said:

...in my opinion the 190 A-8 needs a performance recheck because was a more formidable opponent then what we have now.

Totally agree! The A8 we have in our sim is a lame duck.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

17 hours ago, terinsuke said:

Hi all,

Really struggling to understand the product placement on this. We already have a 190 Dora...I've been a loyal fanboy for dcs supporting buying modules on day 1 release even if it's not my most goto module so I can support the continued dev of the platform and genre I love....buiuuuut wtf ...I just dont get it why they do t develop a different ac that  https://vlc.onl/ brings in the $$$ as ww2 ac are easier to develop ...and have a high roi....anyhow over to you guys for enlightenment...

I got this,,...