Desync between pilot and copilot in cold start

scorpion80

I can confirm this behaviour from my recent multicrew session on a server hosted on my machine. Co-pilot could not see the start-up happen at all.

Going back to the briefing and slot selection and then spawning back in worked. I will try and create a track but it should be easy to replicate.

We played around with the Huey yesterday and today, on the newest OB, and it was still there. The co-pilot can't see the rotors running, low RPM starts blasting for them. When they leave and rejoin multicrew once the cold start procedure is finished it works OK.

• Windows 11 Pro, RTX4090 (24GB), 5950X @ 4.3GHz, 64GB RAM @ 3000MHz, M.2 SSD 8TB, Pimax Crystal
  • Modules and maps: All of 'em. (It's a problem...)

• 1 month later...

@Flappie

I am happy to report that all of the desync issues are completely gone in the latest open beta release. We just had a long flight testing all the functions and had no issue whatsoever. Start-up was also completely smooth.

Thank you very much for reporting this and looking into it!

• Like 2

On 12/20/2023 at 11:33 PM, Flappie said:

@Xupicor Devs have worked on MP sync for the Huey these last weeks. Is it any better now in 2.9.2.49629?

I'll try it out over the holiday period. I'm optimistic after that above report, though. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Windows 11 Pro, RTX4090 (24GB), 5950X @ 4.3GHz, 64GB RAM @ 3000MHz, M.2 SSD 8TB, Pimax Crystal

• 3 weeks later...

@Flappie took a while but I just did an extended test with a human copilot. Switch changes and needle positions, not to mention the fact the engine started and rotors were turning, was correctly called out by my copilot. Looks like the sync was proper, basically instant. We didn't find any problems. Might test again from the copilot position, but as far as the problems that popped out pre-Christmas period, those are fixed! We can now do a proper cold start, fly around and land without issues. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Nice job, devs!