In-ear headphones for DCS with microphone?

Which are the best in-ear headphones for DCS World with microphone? I want to take off the over-ear headphones and move on to something simple, without losing the sound quality and especially with a great microphone.

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

sounds like contradictory properties to me, but when you found some let us know. I don’t like the over-ears either. especially in the summer.

I was, at times, thinking about using simple headphones with a table mic instead of a full fledged headset. But I didn’t execute the idea so far.

Edited by Hiob

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Now i try this configuration:

a table microphone with base and for the in-ear KZ ZS10 PRO X.

unfortunately the in-ear headphones with built-in microphone lose so much quality, I had to make a sacrifice. Now I'm gonna have to see if I'm okay with the board mic or if I'm gonna have to buy the mic extension rod arm.

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

Get a short 10-20cm 3.5 mm splitter to mic and stereo out. Then you can use an old detachable mic from a used headset if you have one, or get a short mic/mic boom and you are free to use any ordinary inear that does not have mic (3 pin). Just a bit of clever cable management left.

Works well with Varjo Aero.

I just wish they would have added bluetooth to that headset. Would have resolved a lot of cabling for audio.

IMG_7523.jpeg

Edited by F19_CoNa
  • Like 1

Bit of a side note but, gotta love the HP Reverb G1 and G2. 
These have (or rather, had, as they're discontinued) decent audio and microphone built in the VR headset.
Can't understand these new ultra expensive headsets not having any of it, even requiring separate lighthouse(s).

CGTC Caucasus retexture mod  |  A-10A cockpit retexture mod  |  Shadows reduced impact mod  |  DCS 2.5.6  (the best version for performance, VR or 2D)

DCS terrain modules_July23_27pc_ns.pngDCS aircraft modules_July23_27pc_ns.png  aka Luke Marqs; call sign "Ducko" =

Spoiler

Win10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 12700K (@5.1/5.0p + 3.9e) | 64GB DDR4 @3466 CL16 (Crucial Ballistix) | RTX 3090 24GB EVGA FTW3 Ultra | 2TB NVMe (MP600 Pro XT) + 500GB SSD (WD Blue) + 3TB HDD (Toshiba P300) + 1TB HDD (WD Blue) | Corsair RMX 850W | Asus Z690 TUF+ D4 | TR PA120SE | Fractal Meshify C | UAD Volt1 + Sennheiser HD-599SE | 7x USB 3.0 Hub | 50'' 4K Philips 7608/12 UHD TV (+Head Tracking) | HP Reverb G1 Pro (VR) | TM Warthog + Logitech X56 

1 hour ago, Motomouse said:

I like the in-ear headphones with microphone that came with my varjo aero.

And I think they are the best for DCS 😉

Try a better pair of headsets and you will find that its really bad. The only good with it is the lenght of the cables.

I have a quite a few good headphones (over the ear included). I do not think the aero ones are that bad in comparison. They are really a good option as well in my opinion.

They are a comfortable lightweight option especially.

Edited by Motomouse

VIC-20@1.108 MHz, onboard GPU, 5KB RAM, μυωπία goggles, Competition Pro HOTAS