VIS/DTOS move the SPI WITHOUT designation

esequiel

• ED Team

Hi again. Thanks for the tracks.

This has more to do with a possible issue with the EO-VIS mode than with the DTOS/VIS delta logic, although, of course, it is related. 

The EO-VIS modes are still WIP right now and we will take a look at this again in the future.

For now, whenever this happens, you can press CZ in CCRP to remove the unwanted deltas. 

• Like 1

dcsvader.png
Esquadra 701 - DCS Portugal - Discord

Whenever I designate a target for the Maverick (D in my case), the current waypoint is moved to the target's position. All other waypoints are also shifted in the same direction and with the same distance as the current waypoint has been moved. It also happens when I use the HMCS and set a target after pressing TMS up long.

A TMS down or Cursor Zero doesn't solve this. Waypoints are permanently altered. Until you set a new Maverick target of course. Then they are changed again.

maverick.trk

• ED Team

Hi @[31st] Spider

What you are experiencing is the adding of deltas in VIS mode. This is correct behaviour.

Pressing TMS aft in VIS mode will revert to pre-designate mode (cursor slaved to the FPV). 

Steerpoints are not "altered", you can return to PRE or CCRP mode and then press CZ to remove the deltas.

• Thanks 1

dcsvader.png

When in VIS mode, a TMS aft does NOT rever to pre-designate mode! When a target is selected, the AGR radar mode shows a CZ button, but pressing it does nothing.

A TMS aft in BORE mode also does nothing. Only in PRE mode does the TMS aft work.

I have to switch to BORE or PRE mode to make the CZ button do something. This is a bug!

Edited by [31st] Spider

I don't understand. Unlike what you said, the TMS aft in VIS mode is not working. Also, the CZ button while in VIS mode does nothing. So, you can add deltas in VIS mode, but not undo them. To do so, you have to switch to another mode, which sounds like a work-around to me. Also, when I don't remove the deltas and go back to NAV mode, the waypoints are still shifted. How is this correct as is?

Edited by [31st] Spider

So following along so far, i decided to test this myself.

So designating in vis mode introduces an offset for steerpoints. What i also noticed that designating in vis mode, is that on the ground radar, wich is not SOI at that moment, a cursor zero appears, which wasn't there before designation. Pressing this, does not negate the offset, but does the same as pressing tms down, reattaching the cursor to the FPM.

So the cursor zero appearing and doing nothing in itself looks to me like weird behaviour.

Furthermore, returning to NAV mode, the offset to steerpoints stays. So clearly NAV mode does not seem to have a different offset than maverick vis mode. Pressing cursor zero in NAV mode does negate the offset. So as a workaround this works for now.

I cannot understand why you would want a offset to be introduced in vis mode in the first place. If your target is located around your steerpoint, and you designate, and then lose your target, how would find the target area again??? by designating you just introduced an offset with the first designation. So in order to reacquire the original point you would have to back out to another mode, CZ, and the re-engage?

So looking at all that, if the CZ that appears after designating in vis mode, would actually reset the offset (deltas), than it would solve our perceived problem.

Edited by nighteyes2017
  • Like 1

• ED Team
15 hours ago, [31st] Spider said:

I don't understand. Unlike what you said, the TMS aft in VIS mode is not working. Also, the CZ button while in VIS mode does nothing. So, you can add deltas in VIS mode, but not undo them. To do so, you have to switch to another mode, which sounds like a work-around to me. Also, when I don't remove the deltas and go back to NAV mode, the waypoints are still shifted. How is this correct as is?

Please take a moment to read what was said about VIS/DTOS modes, TMS aft and CZ in this other topic. 

Also take note that I said above that EO-VIS specifically is considered WIP as it still needs further refinement.
We understand this can cause a certain confusion but this is all done based on actual documentation.
If further refinements are required in the future, based on further documentation or subject matter experts, we will review it. 

dcsvader.png