Detection of Threat Radar

pcartier
Go to solution Solved by Raptor9,

I am new to the Apache, and in most video tutorial on Youtube I have noticed a green rectangle on the TSD map and also hearing "Searching..." for the life of me I have not figured out how to enable this. I did read the manual and it appears I need to turn on "RLWR" (make sure the donut is closed) but I could never get this work. Below is a screenshot of what I am trying to display. 

Thanks!
null

image.png

9 minutes ago, pcartier said:

Thanks for the info, I did go to the ASE page and the Utility page and found the RLWR option, I clicked on it which makes it a solid circle, but the green rectangle never gets displayed on the TSD.

I must be doing something wrong. 

The rectangle on the TSD will only appear when the ASE page is not opened on the other MFD and of course there is a radar contact needed in the environment to trigger it.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D // 64 GB RAM // RTX 4090 // Quest Pro // Quest 3

While on the subject though, when you see something TRACKING you (Dashed yellow line from IT to YOU) does that mean it is specifically tracking YOU or could also mean it might be tracking another Friendly in the vicinity? Ive had communication with other friendly fixed wing in the area where i would call out Im being tracked by an enemy fixed wing and they would respond that its not me he is locking onto, its them? I get confused then if its me that needs to break off my engagement and find a place to mask or its the friendly fixed wing that is being focused on by the enemy?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

• ED Team
  • Solution

Radar warning receivers can only detect the presence of radar signals. They cannot detect how those radar signals are being used by the source of the emissions. If the radar signal indicates that the source radar is in a "Tracking" mode, that is the only information that it is indicating. It cannot determine what the radar is tracking, or even whether an attack is underway. Even when the RWR indicates the radar is in "Launch" mode, it is only determining that the radar is operating in a detectable missile guidance mode; it cannot determine whether a missile is actually being directed toward your aircraft or not.

Depending on the type of radar that the RWR is indicating, your aircraft could be under attack while the RWR symbol is displayed in "Search" mode. So understanding the capabilities of each type of threat is important, and understanding what aircraft sensors are telling you as well as what they are not telling you.

• Like 4

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

@Raptor9 Thank you for explaining that, makes sense now, thanks.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle