Random GPU drops, from 99% to 0 in an instant.

streaker

I am trying to figure out why 2.9 gives me random GPU drops that basically show up as stutter during gameplay…every 30 secs or so.

2.8 does not do this, it only happens with 2.9. DLSS or no, low to max settings, makes no difference. I also see that Ethernet activity spikes as GPU drops at that moment stutter happens. 

Sure, it could be my system but it only happens in this sim, with 2.9 and been using DCS for about 12 years, never had this issue. 

2.8 works fine.

thanks for your help

2 hours ago, streaker said:

I am trying to figure out why 2.9 gives me random GPU drops that basically show up as stutter during gameplay…every 30 secs or so.

2.8 does not do this, it only happens with 2.9. DLSS or no, low to max settings, makes no difference. I also see that Ethernet activity spikes as GPU drops at that moment stutter happens. 

Sure, it could be my system but it only happens in this sim, with 2.9 and been using DCS for about 12 years, never had this issue. 

2.8 works fine.

thanks for your help

There's an issue with 2.9. Bunch of people are experiencing the same thing. Have a look at some previous posts with similar title.

i5-4690K CPU 3.50Ghz @ 4.10GHz; 32GB DDR3 1600MHz; GeForce GTX 1660 Super; LG IPS225@1920x1080; Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB; Windows 10 Pro

4 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

What is you cpu doing...

Stable, it is very stable running at 5.4 GHz, water cooled and at around 65 degrees C. Temp goes up 1 or 2 degrees sometime but back to 65. 

GPU is a 4070 OC and runs cool as well, no air fans, all water cooled. 

Same here. It will go from really smooth, to completely broken (second long freezes where cpu stops doing anything) and then back to normal.

It’s worse in busy PVE multiplayer servers and I’m wondering if there’s either a RAM leak or if the game requires too much ram on max settings (not saying it should require it, but it’s filling up). Do you also have 32GB of RAM? I chose speed over having 64GB but maybe DCS doesn’t like that? 

TLDR trying to make a connection, how many of us have 32GB of RAM?

13900KS - RTX 4090 - 32GB DDR5 7000 - MSI Z790 Meg ACE - 990 Pro NVME

Is either your VRAM or RAM fully utilised?  If so, that could be a potential cause.

What textures are you using for the scenery?  If high, try reducing it.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

2 hours ago, FallingWithStyle said:

Same here. It will go from really smooth, to completely broken (second long freezes where cpu stops doing anything) and then back to normal.

It’s worse in busy PVE multiplayer servers and I’m wondering if there’s either a RAM leak or if the game requires too much ram on max settings (not saying it should require it, but it’s filling up). Do you also have 32GB of RAM? I chose speed over having 64GB but maybe DCS doesn’t like that? 

TLDR trying to make a connection, how many of us have 32GB of RAM?

I have 64GB of RAM but I'm suffering from this also.

On 11/10/2023 at 3:02 AM, streaker said:

2.8 works fine.

thanks for your help

Do you have any winwing gear?

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2