Terrible in game frame rates

Rabies

Sitting in the Apache in the instant action-airfield start on the caucus map. My frame rate are at 20! They were at 40 prior to the 2.9 patch. I have no idea why, any suggestion?

Running MT with the latest patch on a Samsung SSD 980 PRO 2TB

Windows 11 on a Samsung SSD 980 PRO 1TB

13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13700KF   3.40 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080

32GB Ram

Screen_231111_095848.jpg

Screen_231111_095810.jpg

dcs.log debrief.log

Ensure you did not do anything funny to dcs.exe: don't run it as an administrator, don't run it in compatibility mode... in fact, don't tick any of the boxes in the Compatibility tab in the dcs.exe properties panel (right click on the exe, Properties, Compatibility tab).

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

which video device do you use for playing DCS? if VR Perhaps you have motion reprojection running?

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

• 3 months later...

Rabies,

First, love the callsign.  I may be late to the game, but a few things I have found that can increase your frame rates.

- Turn everything off in NVIDIA settings for the GPU.  Your photo of the frame counter shows the CPU is the bottleneck.  This is likely not the case.  I saw the same thing on my computer and the information was bogus.  Putting everything on the CPU's shoulders helped immensely for me (counter to things I have posted before... I was still searching for what really worked).

- Turn off multi-thread if you have it on for your CPU.  Again, from experience, this was a huge killer.

- Have you tried playing offline?  You can log in with the WiFi turned off so there is no link to the internet.  Normally, I play around 55-60 FPS on my system.  I have found turning off the links to the outside world my frame rate goes up 10-15 FPS just because my computer is not trying to talk to the outside world and run DCS.  This makes sense and if you think about it you are not going to be playing in the multi-player world at 20 FPS.

Just some ideas.  I spent an incredible amount of time chasing tips and ideas to speed things up on my own system.  There are a lot of opinions out there, many of which may be very specific to unique set-ups.  The three above have been the most valuable items I learned in that time.

Good luck and good hunting,

Richrach