Newbie needs help with rudder pedals and trackir

Hi all, im new just bout this game, love it, just have couple questions, i bought traciir4, saitek x52pro stick and pedals, all is fine except my rudders seem to get stuck sometimes, even if i lift both my feet off the pedals one rudder seems to be still stuck, now is this normal or i have something misadjusted, i tried playing around with deadzones but it still happens, i got up to date drivers also, and track ir i love also, but a question is there a way i can zoom into individual system all the way with track ir, i can do it to a point but still not close enough to read gauge labels, and my head seems to be all the way up to the monitor when i do that, i tried chaning track ir settings to aggressive and deadzone, still have trouble, thanks in advance

Hi all, im new just bout this game, love it, just have couple questions, i bought traciir4, saitek x52pro stick and pedals, all is fine except my rudders seem to get stuck sometimes, even if i lift both my feet off the pedals one rudder seems to be still stuck, now is this normal or i have something misadjusted, i tried playing around with deadzones but it still happens, i got up to date drivers also, and track ir i love also, but a question is there a way i can zoom into individual system all the way with track ir, i can do it to a point but still not close enough to read gauge labels, and my head seems to be all the way up to the monitor when i do that, i tried chaning track ir settings to aggressive and deadzone, still have trouble, thanks in advance

I use joystick and leaning towards the monitor to zoom in with TIR4. If i remember correctly the default zoom is the numpad / and *. And what i do is put them on the joystick so i zoom in with those buttons then lean towards the monitor. There is a zoom for the camera if you look but cannot help you with that as i do not remember what it's called or the default button is lol.

Asus Maximus Formula ( Rampage bios ) | Q9550 \Xigmatek HDT-S1283| G.Skill 2x2GB | AxeRam 2x2GB | HD6970 | 3xWDYS250GIG Raid0 | M25-X Raid0 | TEAC exturnal DVD |TOSHIBA 40" 1080p LCD HDTV| PC Power & Cooling 750 Quad CF Edition |TIR4 |TT Armor.

I perhaps have a solution for your rudder problem.

I use X52 (non-pro) and the pedals of my G25. I got just about the same problem. So here's the possible solution: Did you delete the rudder axis of you X52 in the controls-axis section? In other words: How many axis do you have assigned to the rudder controls? If it is both the X52 and the pedals, remove the X52 assignment. That should do the trick.

Another thing to check is that you are not accidentally trimming your rudder..

When you press the trim button , it will trim Cyclic and rudder at same time, so be sure that your rudder pedals are centered physcially before you trim.

Pres ctrl-enter to check on the position of your controls to make sure you have fully cancelled out any rudder trim.

I perhaps have a solution for your rudder problem.

I use X52 (non-pro) and the pedals of my G25. I got just about the same problem. So here's the possible solution: Did you delete the rudder axis of you X52 in the controls-axis section? In other words: How many axis do you have assigned to the rudder controls? If it is both the X52 and the pedals, remove the X52 assignment. That should do the trick.

I am wondering if your 'stuck' pedals problem is to do with trim and/or autopilot. Try reseting trim (LCrtl - T) and enabling Flight Director (LCtrl - A) to see if that fixes it.

The / and * keys on the Numpad do your zooming. I also map the LWin - Numpad2 key to my controller so you get a good close view of the Shkval and Abris.

"The only thing a chopper pilot should do downwind is take a leak" - CFI

CPL(H). AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+ @3.3 GHz, 2GB Corsair DDR2 667, nVidia GeForce 9600 GT 1 GB, SB Audigy 2.

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro modified: no centering springs, extended shaft. CH Pro Throttle; vertical chair mount.

Make sure your using the centering button for your Track IR. Sit in your normal position and hit F12 button then try leaning forward. It is very important that you center your Track IR view every once in a while as it gets off centered very easily.

I like to fly with the view zoomed all the way back, but the TrackIR doesn't let me lean forward enough to zoom in very far to a particular instrument, if I feel the need. The other night I re-mapped the throttle slider on my X52 to the zoom function, so now if I want to zoom way in to something, I can just do it with a flick of my thumb. It's turned out to be pretty darn handy. :thumbup: