Select band broken?

Japo32

You must first have electrical power and turn the ARN on (any position except OFF will do). Only then both band selector switch and tuning crank will start working.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 5 months later...

@Art-J I concur, and some thrust is needed as well.

Yet, something seems off to me. When I look at the handle and the disk, they look like they are one consolidated piece, which would mean they can only move together (either both move, or neither can't).

@[MVP] Mugga Hi. Did you retrieve that part for your glorious F-86 simpit?

If so, could you please check whether the handle can move without the disk, as pictured in the GIF below?

handle.gif

Another question: do you think it is normal that the disk cannot move without electrical current?

Edited by Flappie
  • Thanks 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

^ Good question. Never had a chance of seeing ARN6 in person, but, as a sidenote, during museum visit I did flip the switches on Russian ARK-5 receiver, which was supposedly derived from its American counterpart. I remember the disc in ARK unit was indeed just fixed to selector handle so it didn't need any electrical power to rotate. I would be surprised if ARN was different.

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I used similar equipment decades ago and electrical power wasn't necessary to be able move switches, knobs, discs, etc. 

That diagram is showing mechanical switching. I see no reason why they would complicate that by adding an electric lock and see no evidence of one.

Reading the operational test procedure, you turn the set on and let it warm up for 6 minutes before tuning stations and test the full range of motion on the tuning controls.

This probably was taken to literally mean power was required for the tuning controls to rotate but this is extremely unlikely. 

Edited by =475FG= Dawger

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

34 minutes ago, =475FG= Dawger said:

This probably was taken to literally mean power was required for the tuning controls to rotate but this is extremely unlikely.

That's the possible scenario I have in mind, and as long as there'sdoubt, there's no certainty.

If it's a bug it's be a small one anyway. Let's wait for Mugga's feedback.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.