Fire Control Radar

JOEM423
Go to solution Solved by Jetguy06,

18 hours ago, 16th Widowmakr said:

When I select the FCR I am no longer able to fire the gun from the pilot seat. Is this normal or am I missing something? I can fire the gun before I turn on the FCR but after I can not.

The gun with track and shoot at whatever is targeted by your selected sight. Valid sights are helmet, TADS and FCR. If you select FCR as sight, the gun won't shoot if the ballistics are impossible (ELEVATION LIMIT / AZIMUTH LIMIT for the gun) or if there is no target selected as NTS (LOS INVALID).

The same reasoning applies when selecting TADS as sight. the gun will shoot at what the TADS is looking at, not your helmet.

As for being able to shoot with FCR as sight but before starting your first scanburst, that seems like a bug.

Edited by FalcoGer
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Been watching some tutorials and I have the FCR going from the back seat, granted I'm using a Tickle-Me-Elmo level of sophistication with the chopper, but what a beast. Five or six tanks on one pass is pretty smooth. What a techno killer.

I think I'm caching the Apache bug. My poor Ka-50 is feeling so neglected. Mind you, for a low and fast hammering, I still prefer the Blackshark.

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

What I find most frustrating is that

• When there is a column or group of vehicles, it is impossible to distinguish anything. it's just a yellow blob.
  • When there is a yellow blob, I can't tell what NTS and ANTS is.
  • When there is a yellob blow, I can't tell which unit I have already shot at.
  • when re-scanning effective engagement is impossible because I can't distinguish which of the shot-at markers correspond to which radar return, and even if I could, the NTS button or manual selection of targets doesn't work in continuous mode.
  • It's impossible to know which units have been hit or not.

Really what needs to happen is, in order of priority

1. Multicrew FCR sync
  2. LINK TADS to FCR NTS
  3. ZOOM

RMAP might help a tiny bit, especially for closer targets and should be relatively straight forward to implement. it's literally the same as GTM, just the radar returns need to be drawn in different spots.

A workaround is to use the TSD in PAN mode and zoom way in. But that's tedious and reduces SA by a great deal, especially with threat rings already marked out or when using the digital map for terrain avoidance.

C-Scope would be neat, but not crucial.

Edited by FalcoGer

Instead complaining about missing features of this early access AH-64D we should be happy about the current released basic FCR features, which was a really nice christmas present.

I'm looking forward to the zoom function and the LINK mode as well, but we have to be patient.

Edited by AstonMartinDBS
  • Thanks 1

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

3 hours ago, FalcoGer said:

A workaround is to use the TSD in PAN mode and zoom way in. But that's tedious and reduces SA by a great deal, especially with threat rings already marked out or when using the digital map for terrain avoidance.

This is what I do, but like you said, I do have to zoom in and out a lot based on what I am doing.

5 hours ago, FalcoGer said:

What I find most frustrating is that

• in continuous scanburst mode, I seem to be unable to use the NTS button? Is that a bug? If not, why is NTS option not barred out?
  • When there is a column or group of vehicles, it is impossible to distinguish anything. it's just a yellow blob.
  • When there is a yellow blob, I can't tell what NTS and ANTS is.
  • When there is a yellob blow, I can't tell which unit I have already shot at.
  • when re-scanning effective engagement is impossible because I can't distinguish which of the shot-at markers correspond to which radar return, and even if I could, the NTS button or manual selection of targets doesn't work in continuous mode.
  • It's impossible to know which units have been hit or not.

Really what needs to happen is, in order of priority

1. Multicrew FCR sync
  2. LINK TADS to FCR NTS
  3. ZOOM

RMAP might help a tiny bit, especially for closer targets and should be relatively straight forward to implement. it's literally the same as GTM, just the radar returns need to be drawn in different spots.

C-Scope would be neat, but not crucial.

A bit of a workaround until ZOOM functionality arrives is to zoom the TSD onto the area of your targets, maybe with your map set to SAT or DIG, as I often find doing this makes it easier to break out targets if they're too clustered together.

• Like 1