Create mark point with HMCS problem

xavnl
Go to solution Solved by Sacarino111,

• Solution
10 minutes ago, xavnl said:

Hi,

I can't create a mark point with the HMCS.

Here is what I do:

Select AG mode

Press Mark key on the ICP

TMS Up long to set the HMCs

TMS Up short to display the cue

Nothing happens.

Any thoughts?

Hi.

Long since I did that in the Viper. As far as I can remember, you have to first make the HUD SOI (DMS up once or twice, can't recall exactly), and in the SMS page make the mode VISUAL or DTOS, one of them. Then TMS up to make the pointer a SP and then MARk and so on.

Wagss ha a video (old one) in the Marianas map explaining it.

Saludos.

Saca111

Edited by Sacarino111
  • Like 2

Master mode does not matter, all you need to make sure that HUD is SOI (or when on the MARK DED page you cycle through until you get to HUD, that makes the HUD SOI automatically). TMS UP long to get the symbology in the helmet, then look at whatever you want your markpoint to be, TMS up again, to stabilize the position, from there you can finetune it by TDC slew and finally, TMS UP again to lock it in

demonstrated it using NAV mode first, then AG - PRE mode for GPS guided bombs

HMCS_MARK.trk

Edited by Moonshine

I did that a couple times yesterday, had a problem once when switching modes and SOI, and I couldn't get it to go back to letting me mark with the HMCS by making the HUD SOI. I even switched back to NAV, and that didn't do anything either. But that was easily fixed by cycling out of and back in to MARK, and then proceeding as usual.