Mission 8 - warrior goes radio silence

arneh

Tried mission 8 now, and encountered a couple of problems.
1) Almost as soon as I reached the target area, my wingman reported bingo fuel, RTB, soon followed by ejecting.
2) Warrior gave me the target rundown, and was told to press spacebar to get attack briefing. But upon doing so warrior didn't say anything more. I attacked the targets on my own, and upon all air defenses destroyed he finally talked again (confirming all targets destroyed and contact JTAC for bunkers).

The bunker attach was unsuccessful, since I used two GBUs for the SA-9 and grouse earlier, and of the remaining two, one missed, and one had an "aborted" status and would not release. And since my wingman already ejected I had no usable high explosives remaining to complete the mission.

Thanks for the report, I’ll log it for investigation.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Similar comms issues for me, but not consistently. Sometimes Warrior 2 or Tickles just stops talking. Sometimes they are fine. Doesn't seem to be a matter of me getting off frequency. It seems, but I haven't tested enough to verify, that the comms stop when Overlord transmits at the same time as I expect a transmission from Warrior.

Also, when I do get Warrior 2 (JTAC) to shine their laser, it's close to the bunkers, but not close enough to do any damage with 500 pound bombs. Not a big deal, but seems odd to shine a laser if it's not in the precise location that the bomb should hit.

Pimax Crystal, Asus ProArt X670E-Creator, Ryzen 7950X3D, 64gb DDR5, RTX 4090 FE, Magic Trackpad 3, Warthog HOTAS, Warthog Throttle and TPR pedals.

@Pyrocumulous is it possible that this is the new radio system implementation? If you are blocked from the transmitter (for instance by the mountain when you get too low) you may loose radio comms, which is realistic but not optimal for a campaign where you don't have an option to ask someone to repeat last transmission..
As for JTAC - IIRC this is the stock DCS JTAC over which I have zero control, so there is nothing I can do to fix this. 

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Perhaps, but even line of sight it sometimes wasn't working. That said, not a big deal, and quite possibly not related to mission design. Could be operator error, or could just be a another random comm issue with the A-10C II module.

• Like 1

Pimax Crystal, Asus ProArt X670E-Creator, Ryzen 7950X3D, 64gb DDR5, RTX 4090 FE, Magic Trackpad 3, Warthog HOTAS, Warthog Throttle and TPR pedals.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2023 at 1:57 AM, Pyrocumulous said:

the comms stop when Overlord transmits at the same time as I expect a transmission from Warrior.

I played this mission yesterday and can confirm that this happens. AWACS is constantly spamming about "pop up targets" somewhere in the distance, and this blocks custom messages from other parties. These messages appear in the message log, but no audio and no text on the screen. Very easy to miss.

Also the DCS JTAC, he's useless, he just said "no further tasking available, you can depart" right from the start. There are coordinates for the bunkers on one for the kneeboard cards but not anywhere else in the briefing documents.

Anyway finding the bunkers is not hard, destroying them with the limited amount of HE weapons is. I've passed this mission only because I've saved my wingman for this task. Meanwhile, I was busy hunting Iglas hidden between the tents, that need to be destroyed to advance the mission. 

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...