MFD screens problem - LUA

lars112

Yep, it’s a known issue that we’ve been told is not simple to correct. I found a thread on here about using reshade to up the bright and gamma on the displays without messing with my main view. Try a search on here or you tube. Let me know if you can’t find and I’ll go search or write you some instructions tonight/tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Using Reshade is currently the best solution.  ED have acknowledged this is an issue and they are working on it, but it's a complex issue so don't expect a fix in the near future.  This thread from the WinWing sub-forum here may point you in the right direction to get it set up.

Similar can be accomplished through Helios, using the “screen exporter” tool. But you need to render the viewports on virtual monitor (or the likes) then use the screen export tool to send them to your mfd screens. The helios screen export tool has basic video filters ( brightness, gamma, contrast etc) but it’s not perfect. Its also isn’t t great for fast moving screens like a tgp because UDP connection is limited in is data transfer rate so it will not be smooth( ie. Limited fps on the viewports) .. it is just another option. The reshade mask seems to work well too. Ultimately it is on ED’s end to fix the brightness issue of viewports.

Edited by MadKreator
  • Like 1

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones