Problems with Rudder at Takeoff

tmansteve
Go to solution Solved by Cal1664,

Flying in different Maps and getting variations in Rudder at Takeoff. Sometimes it pulls heavy to the Right and other times it pulls hard to the Left. Other times it is not so aggressive. Before Takeoff, I reset the FCS and Rudder Trim but it keeps happening. I found it more prominent in Syria map.

Any ideas would be great. I thought about my pedals as maybe an offset but with it pulling either left or right, I cant see that they are at fault.

1st things I would check/try: pull up the controls indicator and that might give you a clue that you're getting unintended input (i.e. rudder moving without you doing anything).

Make sure there is no other bindings for your rudder (in the BUTTONS and AXIS categories).  You could be getting unintended input from that.

Keep your feet off your rudder pedals and see if you're still getting the input (in case you are accidentally pushing a little)

Try unplugging your rudder pedals in case they are giving input without you touching them.

• Like 1

Rob 

Great idea. Will check that later. Must remember to do that. I bring up controls indicator when flying the huey. Will do all the checks you suggested. Many thanks again.

Cal I cant remember if i put any wind in as it was a test without MT as I had terrible stuttering after latest update.

• ED Team

Hi, please always include a short track replay example so we can check. 

I am not seeing any problem when I test this morning. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

if you can reproduce the issue in a short track, or even in single player with just the aircraft it will help reduce the track size.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

17 hours ago, tmansteve said:

Cal I cant remember if i put any wind in...

Just as reminder if there's a crosswind. Your airplane will weathervane into the wind. If the crosswind is from the left, your plane will turn to the left as well.

Once airborne, crosswind will not affect your aircraft at all

My airplane art:

Bernt Stolle - Art for Sale | Fine Art America

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

I have to apologise and thank everyone for their input. Not only has it helped me, but will help others as well. I went back and checked, and found I was using the wrong mission. I had put a wind speed in for use on carrier. I selected it by mistake. 

Sorry Cal, you were right. I set up the correct mission and using the controls indicator. Everything worked fine.

Thanks Bignewy for checking this out and I will always produce a track if relevant.