Combined Arms - shivering/stuttering when driving curves/turning

AHAB11

To whom it may concern,

this is reporting – not complaining. After last stable update (DCS 2.9.1.48335) I experienced a different behaviour of vehicles when driving curves. Till update vehicles made quite smooth turns – depending on speed and terrain. Now – according to my impression – vehicles are stuttering / shaking around the vertical axis when turning. From driver position or external view it looks like a stuttering like low FPS. But there is no FPS impact. It is like something hits the side of the vehicle in high frequency to force it into a turn. It is not seen through roof mounted scope. In my experience it not only occurs when gun stabilisation is enabled – it just makes it more obvious.

Could there be a change in some kind of buffer in moment of inertia on z-axis behaviour?

I sent a ticket to ED. After vanilla restart, changed HIDs, recalibrated axis settings, repair process – nothing changed. In the end the suggestion of Mike (ED) was to post it in the forums: We recommend that you write about the problem on our forum, our testers will check it and inform the programming team if necessary:

Here we are. 4 tracks are attached.  

Thanks in advance to anyone with a good idea.

NEW TEST SHIVER1.trk NEW TEST SHIVER2.trk NEW TEST SHIVER3.trk NEW TEST SHIVER4.trk

Edited by AHAB11

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, Flappie, the vehicle itself shivers in turns arround the vertical axis. So this is what I see on my system. You may see it in the background. Bushes, trees, cars, shake. From driver position the ground shivers. In F7 view drivable vehicles all shiver in turns - best seen from driver position. Driving a tank with stabilizer on makes the gun shake. This behaviour is new. Before last update all vehicles made smooth evenly turns when going into a curve. I do not expect a car sim - but it worked well before. To mee it is like described above. Something punches the vehicle through the curve. No impacts in FPS, vertical sync or anything like that. No HID issues. This does not occur with any airplane or helicopter.  The vid was made via NVIDIA software. When I watch it - it is exactly what I have on my screen in sim. When driving straight there is no shiver or shaking in the background.

I'm still unable to perceive the issue in the video above.

However, now that I've downgraded my DCS to version 2.8.7.42718, I believe I see what you mean. Better, I can make it obvious to devs, simply by slowing down time. Here goes:

Is that what you meant or not at all?

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

You got it!!! That is it. Thanks. The jittering / stuttering in the left window is what I see. And that did not occur before stable update DCS 2.9.1.48335. 

By the way - I do not know if mentioned before: The mirrors of the Tigr are transparent on the mirror surface.

4 hours ago, AHAB11 said:

By the way - I do not know if mentioned before: The mirrors of the Tigr are transparent on the mirror surface.

Yes I've seen that making the video. Both issues are now reported.

Thanks for the heads up. 👍

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.