Okay

• hot start
  • normal preps for flight
  • take off
  • SSS FCR
  • FCR Mode -> GTM
  • give CPG the gun

So far, so good

I note that if I use my HMD pointer to direct CPG to look in a direction, that afterwards the FCR focus is centered on that point, and if CPG has found a target and I tell him to focus on that target (George Helper -> Right), the FCR focus also locks on to that target. I would say FCR is slaved to the TADS.

How did this happen? 

And how do I turn this off? :confused:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

This didn't matter before when the only thing that would be affected by the ACQ set to TADS was the queued LOS reticle on the HMD, but now that we have the FCR as the active Sight, the ACQ affects this as well.

It would be nice if there was a Slave button available in the back seat to make this happen on demand, but I guess it acts like it is slaved to the ACQ at all times.

Thanks guys!! I'll give this a shot and see what happens 🙂

EDIT

Okay guys, that was the issue - ACQ is set to TADS by default, and then when TADS looks somewhere else, so does FCR.

Set ACQ to FXD and the issue is solved 

Edited by Captain Orso

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• ED Team
  • Solution
4 hours ago, Captain Orso said:

I would say FCR is slaved to the TADS.

How did this happen? 

And how do I turn this off? :confused:

The Slave function is always enabled by default in the Pilot crewstation, whereas the CPG can toggle Slave on and off using the SLAVE button on the right TEDAC handgrip.

As a result, the Pilot is given two functions to mitigate the absence of a SLAVE button.

1) The WPN->UTIL page displays a CUEING option that allows the Pilot to hide the ACQ LOS Reticle and the Cueing Dots around the central LOS Reticle. These symbology elements are only displayed in the CPG crewstation when Slave is enabled, but this allows the Pilot to selectively remove these elements from the symbology.

2) If the Pilot's selected sight is FCR, Slave is enabled by default when the FCR is initially selected. However, if the Pilot moves the FCR centerline by pressing either of the arrow buttons on the FCR page, Slave will become disabled in the Pilot crewstation.

Slave will be re-enabled if the Pilot selects any Acquisition source from the ACQ selection menu, even if the existing ACQ is re-selected; or if the Pilot selects HMD as the sight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

8 hours ago, Raptor9 said:

Slave will be re-enabled if the Pilot selects any Acquisition source from the ACQ selection menu, even if the existing ACQ is re-selected; or if the Pilot selects HMD as the sight.

Does slaving the FCR affect the antenna elevation? Does it do so when the elevation is in auto mode or just in manual or never?