SKR option not available anymore.

AndreNL
Go to solution Solved by NeedzWD40,

BeFore the last update I proceeded as follows: 

Mastar arm on, Hellfire selected. LOAL HI selected. Acquisition SKR selected. All this in the rear pilot seat.

Now I can't select SKR as acquisition. Maybe I doing something wrong.... On the moment I select SKR it pops back to fixed.

I would like to apologize right away, this is my first video on YouTube and they are certainly not as perfectly edited as those of Wags from ED to name just an example.

I do everything the same as before, but as the video shows, the seeker option no longer works for me.

7 hours ago, AndreNL said:

"need more information etc..." Well, If you watch the video how much more information do I need to deliver? 

Because it works, just differently than it used to.

1. Crewmember actions SAL missiles (front or back).

2. Missile acquires laser.

3. Go to ACQ menu. Observe "SKR" is not white nor has "?" appended.

4. Select SKR as ACQ source.

5. ACQ cross points to SKR source.

Screen_240106_152552.jpg

10 hours ago, LorenLuke said:

image.png

I don't know why the track file is so important since I made a video in which you can clearly see that I try to enable the skr option several times, 

I encounter the following problem: my track file is 60 MB and can of course only send 50 MB. Any idea's on that?

5 minutes ago, AndreNL said:

I don't know why the track file is so important since I made a video in which you can clearly see that I try to enable the skr option several times, 

I encounter the following problem: my track file is 60 MB and can of course only send 50 MB. Any idea's on that?

Create a single player track file that just showcases the issue and nothing else, so best set up a few things in an empty mission and show the issue only.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

On 12/30/2023 at 8:03 PM, AndreNL said:

Can no longer enable the SKR option for the hellfire's (k) in pilot seat. Or should it be so?

Test it with an active laser from a drone or similar, then the selection of the SKR will work.

I think there is a dependency on whether the missile follows a laser or not.

Specs: R7 3800X, 32Gb 3600Mhz, RTX 2070 S, M2 SSd 970 Pro

Equipment: microHELIS Bell 206 Pedale + Toe-Brakes, microHELIS OH-58D Collective, microHELIS OH-58D Cyclic, Realteus Forcefeel, TrackIR 5

Posted (edited)

@[RENEGADES] T-Bone

I don't have to test it, I get my K-hellfire to a target with a 3rd party lasing. That's not the point.

The problem is: When in the back seat and I select SKR for ACQ source it pops back to FXT or TADS or whatever it was accept SKR. You can see this in the youtube clip I made.

I press SKR and the ACQ stays on FIX-TADS-previous selection but I can't get it on the SKR. That's all. And for that I had to make a youtube account, made a video-clip upload it. Everybody can see I press SKR right??

Now I have to make a trackfile in singleplayer, WHY? To proof I press the SKR button on my MPD? Before the last update, I pressed the SKR in ACQ and AQS showed that it was on SKR mode......That's it, nothing more.

Edited by AndreNL
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, AndreNL said:

The problem is: When in the back seat and I select SKR for ACQ source it pops back to FXT or TADS or whatever it was accept SKR. You can see this in the youtube clip I made.

Because you're not doing it right. Selecting missiles with the WPN page MSL doesn't action them, it only selects them for admin purposes. Therefore, the SKR won't work because the missiles aren't "live" - you must use the weapon action switch OR have your CPG action the missiles for SKR to be a valid acquisition source. Now, whether or not this behavior is correct is a different matter.

I just went up in the Runway Start quick-action mission and couldn't get it to work either.  I'm getting the same results as the OP.

You can get the SKR option to be green after WASing missiles and telling George to lase, but when you press SKR, it will not take.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Floyd1212 said:

I just went up in the Runway Start quick-action mission and couldn't get it to work either.  I'm getting the same results as the OP.

You can get the SKR option to be green after WASing missiles and telling George to lase, but when you press SKR, it will not take.

I just tested it myself, same behavior as you and AndreNL, only when the Hellfire tracks a laser is it possible to switch the ACQ to SKR.

Equipment: microHELIS Bell 206 Pedale + Toe-Brakes, microHELIS OH-58D Collective, microHELIS OH-58D Cyclic, Realteus Forcefeel, TrackIR 5

• Solution
Posted (edited)

Behavior in this track: Friendly unit is lasing on code 1688. Take off, then arm and press MSL on WPN page. SKR will not work; displayed in white and with a ?, indicating an invalid condition. Deselect missiles on page, WAS missiles instead, seeker acquires. SKR becomes valid ACQ source and is operable and selectable. Set self code to B, bring up George interface, get him to a different target, lase. Missile mode to RIPL. Fire first missile, then next missile goes live and ACQ cross goes to second missile SKR source. Fire. De-WAS missiles, SKR no longer valid and displays SKR? in ACQ box.

ETA: Checked my references and this is correct behavior. If the missiles are not actively tracking (WAS'd, valid laser source), then SKR cannot be a valid ACQ source.

Screen_240107_134938.jpgScreen_240107_134934.jpg

AH-64D ACQ SKR.trk

Edited by NeedzWD40
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, NeedzWD40 said:

ETA: Checked my references and this is correct behavior. If the missiles are not actively tracking (WAS'd, valid laser source), then SKR cannot be a valid ACQ source.

Good to know, thank you 👍

13 hours ago, NeedzWD40 said:

Behavior in this track: Friendly unit is lasing on code 1688. Take off, then arm and press MSL on WPN page. SKR will not work; displayed in white and with a ?, indicating an invalid condition. Deselect missiles on page, WAS missiles instead, seeker acquires. SKR becomes valid ACQ source and is operable and selectable. Set self code to B, bring up George interface, get him to a different target, lase. Missile mode to RIPL. Fire first missile, then next missile goes live and ACQ cross goes to second missile SKR source. Fire. De-WAS missiles, SKR no longer valid and displays SKR? in ACQ box.

Screen_240107_134938.jpgScreen_240107_134934.jpg

AH-64D ACQ SKR.trk 1.36 MB · 1 download

So if I understand it correct. How it was before the last update was wrong. And now it works how it should be, correct? Problem solved.

9 hours ago, AndreNL said:

And now it works how it should be, correct? Problem solved.

Yes. But we do have a legit bug that I found (and will document): AGM-114L can also be used as a source with SKR, which works right now, but displays the invalid source logic.

I just read thru this again, and would like to confirm something so I am clear. So Master Arm on/WAS the Hellfire,,, got it. NOW,,, if I attempt to select SKR as my ACQ, the only way it is going to stay put as SKR is only IF the Hellfire can actually see the Laser (your pointed in the right direction and the target is not obscured from the Hellfire Line of Sight), correct?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

2 hours ago, Fakum said:

I just read thru this again, and would like to confirm something so I am clear. So Master Arm on/WAS the Hellfire,,, got it. NOW,,, if I attempt to select SKR as my ACQ, the only way it is going to stay put as SKR is only IF the Hellfire can actually see the Laser (your pointed in the right direction and the target is not obscured from the Hellfire Line of Sight), correct?

Correct. The missile must be actively tracking in order to use SKR as an ACQ source. Works with either RF or SAL currently (though RF will indicate invalid condition even though it works).

@NeedzWD40 Thanks for the confirmation

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

• ED Team

Thank you all for helping @AndreNLunderstand the logics.

On 1/8/2024 at 7:37 PM, NeedzWD40 said:

Yes. But we do have a legit bug that I found (and will document): AGM-114L can also be used as a source with SKR, which works right now, but displays the invalid source logic.

@NeedzWD40That issue was previously sent for analysis. Thanks for that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

dcsvader.png
Esquadra 701 - DCS Portugal - Discord