DLSS "update"

Moxica

6 minuti fa, rfxcasey ha scritto:

While I definitely sympathize with those having ghosting issues, I'm more concerned with any performance gains. I haven't done anything other than anecdotal observations, curious to know if anyone else has found a performance difference between DLSS dynamic-link library versions? 

To me looks almost the same, not very different from the original. Maybe a little bit less ghosting. Performance gain...not really, but I did not tweak anything 

I've set up 3.7 and there is less ghosting for me. The biggest issue I had with 3.5 was the smearing on moving planes. In most situations it's not there in 3.7 or barely noticeable. 

I have also discovered DLSSTweaker which many of you might already use. For those who have not used it before you can change the default upscaling modifiers. I have set quality to 0.85 which is a very nice sweet spot for me. I still need to play with it a bit more. 

Edited by Qcumber

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

5 hours ago, KCOOL said:

What preset do you use for DLAA?

E?

D?

F?

Good question. I can't get the presents to display in DLSSTweak but the overlay says I am using "F". I want to change it to "E". Any idea why the options are not there for me? 

The presets that generates less ghosting for me is F one, i only fly VR

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

OK. So I have realised why I could not change the presets. It was my own stupidity. 

I have tried C, D, E and F. So far E and F gives least ghosting. D the most. I set up a test flight on the Marianas map (which is where ghosting I always worst for me) with a flyby if a p-51 against 3xA8/Zeros. The white planes against the sea gave always looke bad with a lot of white smears as well as ghosting. Definitely an improvement with 3.7 and overall better with E or F. Reading the article below it appears that E is the new gold standard but that not all functionality is yet available in DCS. 

https://www.tomshardware.com/pc-components/gpus/nvidias-new-streamline-sdk-and-dlss-370-feel-like-a-step-in-directsrs-direction

On 4/4/2024 at 7:39 PM, Qcumber said:

I've set up 3.7 and there is less ghosting for me. The biggest issue I had with 3.5 was the smearing on moving planes. In most situations it's not there in 3.7 or barely noticeable. 

I have also discovered DLSSTweaker which many of you might already use. For those who have not used it before you can change the default upscaling modifiers. I have set quality to 0.85 which is a very nice sweet spot for me. I still need to play with it a bit more. 

How did you get the nvngx.dll to load and apply the dlsstweaks.ini settings? There is supposed to be a log file created if the DLSSTweaker DLL is loaded. Even by applying the registry tool I cannot get it to load. It does pick up the Nvglobalprofilesettings though so I can select Preset E there. But not the individual settings.

6 hours ago, Eagles787 said:

How did you get the nvngx.dll to load and apply the dlsstweaks.ini settings? There is supposed to be a log file created if the DLSSTweaker DLL is loaded. Even by applying the registry tool I cannot get it to load. It does pick up the Nvglobalprofilesettings though so I can select Preset E there. But not the individual settings.

This is the first time I have used DLSSTweaks. I just followed the instructions. I am pretty sure there is a log file in my DCS mt folder. I'll check again later and see if the log file is valid.

When I check the overlay in DCS it looks like it is running 3.7 and the preset I have chosen. By individual settings do you mean the changes to the scaling factors in quality, balanced etc.? You need to make sure that panel is set to "true" in the editor otherwise I don't think it applies the changes. I am pretty sure these are working for me as when I set them all to 0.8 I ran ultra performance and it was the same as quality (I did this to test the presets by setting the scaling to 0.8 for all of them and applying different presets so it was easier to compare them like for like). 

3 hours ago, Qcumber said:

This is the first time I have used DLSSTweaks. I just followed the instructions. I am pretty sure there is a log file in my DCS mt folder. I'll check again later and see if the log file is valid.

When I check the overlay in DCS it looks like it is running 3.7 and the preset I have chosen. By individual settings do you mean the changes to the scaling factors in quality, balanced etc.? You need to make sure that panel is set to "true" in the editor otherwise I don't think it applies the changes. I am pretty sure these are working for me as when I set them all to 0.8 I ran ultra performance and it was the same as quality (I did this to test the presets by setting the scaling to 0.8 for all of them and applying different presets so it was easier to compare them like for like). 

Thanks if you could please check if the log file is being generated (dlsstweaks.log). Because if not, then DLSSTweaks is not doing anything for DCS. For me only the Nvidia global profile settings that you can set in the DLSSTweaksconfig tool are being applied, but those settings can also be set via the Nvidia profile inspector and DLSSTweaks is not needed for this.

For me the new DLLS 3.7 with profile E selected does work very well with almost no ghosting anymore on displays or other aircraft. I'm using a Varjo Aero and DLSS quality in DCS.

Edited by Eagles787

12 minutes ago, titi69 said:

you should have dlsstweaks.log in your bin-mt DCS folder

Do you have this log file? Would you mind posting the content of it? Maybe I can figure out from it why it doesn't load the nvngx.dll for me. Thanks!

20 minutes ago, Eagles787 said:

For me the new DLLS 3.7 with profile E selected does work very well with almost no ghosting anymore on displays or other aircraft. I'm using a Varjo Aero and DLSS quality in DCS

It is a lot better. I am using QP with QVFR centre equivalent of about 3700x3700 pixels per eye and quality set to 0.8 scaling. Have you tried preset F? 

I'll post my settings log later. I'm away from home at the moment. 

6 minutes ago, titi69 said:

i have 2 warnings , not sure how to interpret the first one 

Do you have anything in the logs? or no logs at all?

it will not load anything if you didnt apply the reg key whic should be part of the DLSStweak folder
attached the key to register and other to unregister if 

DisableNvidiaSigOverride.reg 494 B · 1 download EnableNvidiaSigOverride.reg 514 B · 1 download

Yes I did the registry tweak. And no i get no log file at all so it's not loading the nvngx.dll for some reason.

In which folder should you unzip the DLSSTeak files? Bin or bin-mt?
Should I replace the  nvngx_dlss.dll from bin folder, bin_mt or both?
Thank you

Edited by baol

1 hour ago, baol said:
In which folder should you unzip the DLSSTeak files? Bin or bin-mt?
Should I replace the  nvngx_dlss.dll from bin folder, bin_mt or both?
Thank you

DLSS only works in the MT version of DCS. So just copy the new 3.7 DLSS file (nvngx_dlss.dll) to your bin_mt folder to get the new 3.7 DLSS. If you just want to modify the standard DLSS preset you can run the DLSSTweakConfig.exe file from any location and select GlobalForcedPreset to any preset you want (E seems to be a good new option). This does mean that all your games that use DLSS use this same preset. If you want individual Presets you'll also need to copy the other DLSSTweak files to your bin_mt folder and via the DLSSTweakConfig tool you can now apply settings like presets and more and only have them apply to the game folder that you are in.

Edited by Eagles787

I see some 'vibrations' on the white lines in displays, radar lines on displays, power lines on ground, and so on.

I believe more visible now than with previous driver/dlss versions.

Any idea how to reduce those effects?

Edited by KCOOL

9 hours ago, Qcumber said:

It is a lot better. I am using QP with QVFR centre equivalent of about 3700x3700 pixels per eye and quality set to 0.8 scaling. Have you tried preset F? 

I'll post my settings log later. I'm away from home at the moment. 

Yes, it's a lot better. I am using preset F. In the far distance and at some angles, you can see still the ghosting. But during a dogfight, it's nearly gone. What's left, is the blurriness. I still like the sharpness better. I have to test it a little more, but I think I will stay with MSAA.

Edit: my first test is always a fly by (F3). All the other DLSS/DLAA versions did show the whole time ghosting. This is the first DLSS/DLAA version with mostly ghosting in the far distance, and even then much less as before. That's in VR. On my monitor, there is nearly no ghosting visible.

But the blurriness is still the same. Doesn't matter how much I am raising the sharpness slider.

Edited by Nedum

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11Pro, 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD, HOTAS: TM Warthog, Paddles: MfG.

34 minutes ago, Nedum said:

But the blurriness is still the same. Doesn't matter how much I am raising the sharpness slider.

Cockpit sharpness is better with MSAA but the landscape looks very jaggy to me, even at x4. I am now using a DLSS scale of about 0.7 and combined with QVFR reduces my overall pixel count to about 30%. From about 10Mp per eye to about 3.4Mp. I can maintain 72 fps in most situations. That's not bad for a 4070. It's slightly softer than I can get with MSAA but I can live with that. I wonder what 3.8 will bring!