DLSS "update"

Moxica

Current DLSS is the nvngx_dlss.dll version 3.5.0.0 in DCS

There is a new version 3.5.10, and I just tried it;
It is no revolution, but it makes for some improvements on ghosting.
Or.. ghosting turns out a little different.
If you like it, you keep it. If not, keep the old one.
It is in the bin, and the bin-mt folder.

You find it here:
https://www.techpowerup.com/download/nvidia-dlss-dll/

Edited by Moxica
Comma
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 6

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

Oh my... that made a *big* difference on my box. Ghosting is *gone*. Guess this'll be a part of the january patch and boy are we gonna be happy with it 😄 in the meantime, there's this XD

Edited by schurem
  • Like 6

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

23 hours ago, Moxica said:

Current DLSS is the nvngx_dlss.dll version 3.5.0.0 in DCS

There is a new, version 3.5.10, and I just tried it;
It is no revolution, but it makes for some improvements on ghosting.
Or.. ghosting turns out a little different.
If you like it, you keep it. If not keep the old one.
It is in the bin, and the bin-mt folder.

You find it here:
https://www.techpowerup.com/download/nvidia-dlss-dll/

How do you manually update DLSS for DCS again?

1 hour ago, Vortex225 said:

How do you manually update DLSS for DCS again?

Just plonk it in your dcs\bin or dcs\bin-mt folder. You might want to backup the existing one first incase you need to revert.

• Thanks 1

Simple to use OVGME or a similar mod manager to "be safe"

• Like 5

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

Neat way to compare both of them back and forth btw.

Learning about mod-managers was one of the biggest game changers in DCS for me. It’s just so handy.

Definitely will try the DLSS update, too. 

• Like 2

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

I‘m pretty sure, the devs have any development around DLSS in STT. The only reason they need time for this is probably that, other than us, they can‘t just eyeball it and say „fook it, let‘s try!“ 😅

Edited by Hiob

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

DLSS Tweaks and select the F profile for the DLSS level you use, it will reduce the ghosting (but not get rid off)

Edited by 5ephir0th

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

14 hours ago, Hiob said:

I‘m pretty sure, the devs have any development around DLSS in STT. The only reason they need time for this is probably that, other than us, they can‘t just eyeball it and say „fook it, let‘s try!“ 😅

hah. yes indeed. i kept mine the old one 😉 i was only asking if they have seen it. the DLL is provided by ED in their patches right? it is in the nvidia dev site too.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

2 minutes ago, silverdevil said:

...the DLL is provided by ED in their patches right?

I would think so. Just not sure how much testing is needed until they are comfortable with using the newest version for a release.....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WolfTangoFox said:

Don't know if it's GPU dependent, but on my end I still get plenty of ghosting. Perhaps it's slightly different, but there nonetheless. Oh well, back to MSAA.

Are you using DLSS or only DLAA? What's your fps (roughly)?

Just now, Hiob said:

Are you using DLSS or only DLAA? What's your fps (roughly)?

Tried both DLSS and DLAA, looks the same in terms of ghosting.

Didn't investigate much further so didn't bother looking at FPS, didn't have head tracking enabled either. Just twisted some dials and switched screens on a static aircraft. So can't really give you any numbers on that.

• Like 1

I'm just asking, because the ghosting in general seem to get better with higher fps and worse with lower fps. But that's just an observation of mine. Can't really back it up. I was just interested in more data points. 

1 hour ago, Hiob said:

I'm just asking, because the ghosting in general seem to get better with higher fps and worse with lower fps. But that's just an observation of mine. Can't really back it up. I was just interested in more data points. 

I can confirm the same. Coming from my laptop back to my PC I noticed a difference in the level of gosting ( max 50 fps on laptop, steady 72 on PC)

MAIN SYSTEM SPECS: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4, Intel Corei7-12700K @ 5.0, 64Gb RAM Kingston KF3600C18D4/16GX, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, VKB Gladiator NXT Evo, VKB T-Rudder MKIV, Quest 2, Quest Pro

BACKUP SYSTEM SPECS: Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, i7 9750, RTX2060mobile 6GB, 32GB RAM Crucial DDR4-2666, 1TB Intel SSD NVMe

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11

Rtx 3060 / i7-11700 here, my testing...

I get much less ghosting with the new version, much less. I'll say as much as 75% less.

I'm on 1080p and DLSS on Quality still makes ground textures a little bit more blurry than I like.

With DLAA only in this new version I get 30 FPS more than with MSAA X4, with only marginally worse textures. But the flickering/shimmering is gone with DLAA.

I hope this is a sign of things to come, this newer version is a great improvement even with DLAA only.

• Like 1

"The problem with internet quotes is it is very hard to determine their authenticity." --Abraham Lincoln

DCS: FC3, FA-18C Hornet, Supercarrier, P-51D Mustang, F-5E Tiger II, A-10C II Tank Killer, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Normandy 2.0, WWII Assets Pack.

17 minutes ago, TheCoyoteHunter said:

Rtx 3060 / i7-11700 here, my testing...

I get much less ghosting with the new version, much less. I'll say as much as 75% less.

I'm on 1080p and DLSS on Quality still makes ground textures a little bit more blurry than I like.

With DLAA only in this new version I get 30 FPS more than with MSAA X4, with only marginally worse textures. But the flickering/shimmering is gone with DLAA.

I hope this is a sign of things to come, this newer version is a great improvement even with DLAA only.

Glad to hear!  🙂

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

I would say it's even look better now.
And works good. As someone said, 75% ghosting dissappeared with DLAA.

RTX 3080 - that's mine and maybe here's the cause which makes that some of us didn't see the difference. Perhaps with 4th gen there's no difference.

Screen_240102_001246.jpg

Screen_240102_001145.jpg

Screen_240101_235233.jpg

Screen_240102_001057.jpg

Edited by Valium
  • Like 2

• ED Team

Hi all, 

the team are on a break currently for New Year, when they return they will be back to tweaking DCS. I have mentioned about the latest DLSS update from NVIDIA to the team. 

thanks

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

From A-B testing yesterday, I can't say I really see a difference in visual quality. (Just tested DLAA, no DLSS). But due to high fps (courtesy of a 4090), DLAA looked good beforehand an ghosting was limited to position lights in low light conditions in the first place.

But I didn't see any negative effects either - so if it helps in the low to mid range and doesn't hurt anywhere else, I'd call it an improvement.

6 hours ago, Hiob said:

From A-B testing yesterday, I can't say I really see a difference in visual quality. (Just tested DLAA, no DLSS). But due to high fps (courtesy of a 4090), DLAA looked good beforehand an ghosting was limited to position lights in low light conditions in the first place.

But I didn't see any negative effects either - so if it helps in the low to mid range and doesn't hurt anywhere else, I'd call it an improvement.

I also tested yesterday. On a Ryzen 9 5950X, 3080, 64GB DDR4, I didn't notice a bit of difference between the old and new versions of DLSS. I really haven't had problems with ghosting though, so maybe it's only impacting systems that had ghosting issues.