DLSS "update"

Moxica

I'm not sure that did anything for me.  4070 with a 1440p 27" 144Hz monitor.  My graphics card did get pretty hot just now.  That may have been lint + MSI Afterburner, idk.

So yeah, plenty of ghosting and blur.  It may have help with more sudden screen changes?  Like punching numbers into the DED in the 16 seems to have less transition effect.  Maybe.

I saw a video a few weeks back on YT about using DLSS swapper app for MSFS, I did and selected the latest version and it made a big difference for me (4070ti) VR

so I wondered if dropping that into the bin-mt folder would work with DCS but I was to scared too try since I had just spent a lot of time figuring out my best settings. I didn't want to rock the boat so to speak.

I am glad to hear someone tried and it works. I'll give it a whirl this weekend and report my findings with my system setup.

Left skid low.

14 hours ago, DCoffey said:

I saw a video a few weeks back on YT about using DLSS swapper app for MSFS, I did and selected the latest version and it made a big difference for me (4070ti) VR

so I wondered if dropping that into the bin-mt folder would work with DCS but I was to scared too try since I had just spent a lot of time figuring out my best settings. I didn't want to rock the boat so to speak.

I am glad to hear someone tried and it works. I'll give it a whirl this weekend and report my findings with my system setup.

Left skid low.

OP gives instructions. you should go into MT and ST BIN folders, rename the current file and just put the new in there. if it goes south, just delete the new file and rename the old files back to original names.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

3 hours ago, Cab said:

I don't think it's necessary to update the file in the ST bin folder if DLSS isn't available to select in ST.

you are correct but the file exists in both folders

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

• 1 month later...

FYI I tried this today, and copied in the new DLL from the nVidia SDK. I really didn't see a difference in overall quality, BUT with DFR enabled for my Aero, there was an odd, thin horizontal line of "noise" that tracked with my eyes at the bottom of what I assume is the primary focus area. Switched back to the shipping DLL that is part of the DCS install and the issue went away. I was using Varjo Foviated and not Quad Views, FWIW.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, schurem said:

Yup, looking good. No bugs noticed. Flew 60 stable minutes in VR.

Any noticeable improvements?

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

This has been said before, but I'll repeat it.  DLSS is binary compatible.  Although you can drop the latest dll into place, you will not see the new features until the devs implement them. 

• Like 1

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11Pro, 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD, HOTAS: TM Warthog, Paddles: MfG.

14 minutes ago, Glide said:

This has been said before, but I'll repeat it.  DLSS is binary compatible.  Although you can drop the latest dll into place, you will not see the new features until the devs implement them. 

I don't know what you are trying to say but I just did a test and I already see WAY less ghosting.

If the changes in the update are related to an already implemented "feature" then you may see an improvement, however if there are new features in the update that ED hasn't yet implemented then DCS is not going to be able to take advantage of them.

I think this is what @Glide is saying, and he's right.

If you see an improvement then that's great. I personally didn't BUT I'm not using DLSS only DLAA (which I saw no improvement in) and settled back on TAA.

• Like 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

I had ghosting with DLSS in the DCS version it was first implemented but not in subsequent versions. Still, any potential performance or efficiency boost is welcome so I'll give it a try. Thanks to the OP for posting this.

If you want to reduce the DLSS and DLAA Ghosting try to use this: https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/550?tab=files&file_id=2359

Preset C is a good one. You do not need to touch the rest of the setting sections.

Edit: With Add DLL Overdrive you can choose the dlss.dll you want to edit.

nullimage.png

Edited by Nedum
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11Pro, 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD, HOTAS: TM Warthog, Paddles: MfG.

you guys know the ghosting is caused by missing data between frames/pixels right?

No Motion vector for something, ghosting, Low Frame Rate and High Frame times, Ghosting.

The best thing to do to eliminate ghosting is remove anything that increases frame times, mainly post process screenspace things 🙂

• Like 3

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

13 hours ago, SkateZilla said:

you guys know the ghosting is caused by missing data between frames/pixels right?

No Motion vector for something, ghosting, Low Frame Rate and High Frame times, Ghosting.

The best thing to do to eliminate ghosting is remove anything that increases frame times, mainly post process screenspace things 🙂

The best thing to eliminate ghosting is not to use DLSS at all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skywalker22 said:

The best thing to eliminate ghosting is not to use DLSS at all.

TAA has Ghosting as well for the same reason.

DLSS / DLAA is TAA w/ AI assisted filtering.
FSR is TAA w/ AMD Shaders

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 2

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

2 minutes ago, skywalker22 said:

MSAA is the way to go atm.

MSAA is Post Process and cuts most users FPS in half, sometimes more depending on how many post process effects they have turned on.

The shimmers in VR are horrific using MSAA.
  • Like 2

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

2 hours ago, zildac said:
2 hours ago, skywalker22 said:

The shimmers in VR are horrific using MSAA.

Yes. And with MSAA I end up needing to use reprojection which causes another type of ghosting. 

• Like 2

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro