Need help with engine failure

Could some kind soul look at this and tell my why my engine failed at 19:05:55? I have no idea what I did wrong here. As far as I can tell, all the gauges looked great until the the engine suddenly lost RPM. This was in Reflected's BNBOB mission 5. Sorry the track is so long but I can't replicate this with short track.

nullnull

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Screen_240109_214039.jpg

P51engine fail.trk

Ryzen 5 3600, Radeon RX 5600 XT

I would be interested to see what the community suggests on this.  Personnally i cannot see anything out of the ordinary in terms of engine gauges.

Funnily enough i had a similar incident while flying another campaign.  After about an hour of flying my engine suddenly quit. The debrief screen also stated 'engine degraded', but i couldnt work out why.  Had plenty of fuel, no tell tale coughing and spluttering etc.

I'm experienced in flying warbirds and dont have issues managing the engines normally.  Not had time to play your track yet.

Youtube channel @Flightenvy680

Banner 1.png

Thanks for the replies!

The first pic is right before the failure and the third pic is right after. Before failure, I've got about 37" on at 2400 rpm, that might be a hair too much. I had it set to 36" but I think I lost a little altitude and it crept up.

1. Is 37.5" at 2400 rpm enough to cause an engine failure?

2. Is it better just to leave the engine at 2700 rpm unless I want to go above 46"?

3. Is it safe to leave at 3000 rpm after takeoff and just vary manifold pressure or will it run too hot like that?

@Roosterfeet 38inch at 2400 rpm by all means should not kill engine, by heaving rpm and MP in green zone automatic mixture control will lean mixture for cruise. 

The more important thing is how you reduce or increase power.

If you want to reduce power always retard throttle first for desired MP and then reduce rpm to proper level. In case when you increase power first set rpm then MP.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Ok, I just created a mission and flew 40 minutes from London to Paris with ~37.5" at 2400 rpm at 9500 ft. and had no trouble. I doubt my channel crossing like that is what killed my engine yesterday. Is it likely that if I significantly overboosted the engine at some point earlier, I could fly across the channel at a normal cruise setting and have an engine failure without warning?