ATGM firing properly in fullscreen, not in VR

twanmal
Go to solution Solved by twanmal,

In non-VR, I can use the ATGM with asking the gorge AI 1) looking for target 2) Select one in the list and 3)aim and shoot.

In VR ( crystal and open-xr quad view ) I do see the crosshair with the first missile, and can shoot normaly but after the first shot, George-AI is unable to find any new target or sometimes any target anymore. I'm a beginner with the hind.

What I did previously :

• repair/complete-repair
  • delete the DCS core folder and redownload it
  • delete the DCS saved games folder after the new install

but the problem in still there. Any clue ?

Please find the trackfile in attachment

the 23MB one is in non-vr, the 12MB is in VR.

4YA_Mar_PVE2_V2.58[03_JUN_BKN]-20240110-150036.trk 4YA_Mar_PVE2_V2.58[03_JUN_BKN]-20240110-152604.trk

H97M-E --- 16GB DDR3--- i4790k --- GTX 1080 --- Oculus Rift

• Solution

Ok, there seems to be a conflict between  tobi eye tracker/opentrack and the VR. I closed all the track IR applications and it's running well now.

• Like 1

H97M-E --- 16GB DDR3--- i4790k --- GTX 1080 --- Oculus Rift

Hi

I am not sure if this is the same problem but let me explain.

Playing the 2.9 open beta.

I fly only in VR (see hardware overview below) and i run the last time into following problem.

Petrovich is working without problems and find targets.

After successful target elimination i close the observer and turn away.

Usually it works few times and then after next observer activation the floating rectile is moved to right bottom.

I can designate positions like i want and on positions where i know 100% that the enemy unit is there but Petro cant find any targets then.

I can deactivate weapon systems for several minutes and unfortunately with no result.

This seems to reset ONLY when i land the heli and deactivate it completly.

Then after the restart it works flawelssly until next "inactivity".

This was tsted on standard loadout with 4 Shturms with nothing on inner pylons.

I dont know what it causes and yesterday ive uninstalled DCS, removed everything from ssd.

Dont used any mods, only few skins. Thats all.

The fresh install didnt changed that behavior.

Today ive tested it on Caucasus in the quick mission and after a while this behavior started again.

So this happens randomly.

Ive talked to few guys in our discord and one user had the same problem.

He play on a screen with opentrack.

Maybe there is a bug with headtracking in any form?

This is how it should be:

And here is the strange behavior where Petrovich is not able to find a target.

As you can see ive tried also to move the floating rectile manually to zero position (in manual mode) but when i activate the auto function so it moves back to the wrong fixed position.

At 0:48 (zoom) you can see enemy units and no reaction from Petro.

Ive tried the find teh targed several times from different distances.

I have a track from my tests but its over 2h long so i think the videos above are clear enough.

Here is my hardware overview:

Corsair 7000D Airflow Big Tower Case
i7-13700k
MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk DDR5
Corsair Dominator 64GB DDR5 5200MHz
Palit RTX4090 GameRock 24GB
Corsair HX1000i
Corsair H170i Elite Capellix AIO with Display Kit
1x Samsung 980 Pro SSD (DCS)
1x Crucial SSD M.2
1x Crucial SSD MX500
1x Samsung 870 QVO SSD
VR HP Reverb G2

Edited by Fear-Factor

3 hours ago, Fear-Factor said:

Hi

I am not sure if this is the same problem but let me explain.

Playing the 2.9 open beta.

I fly only in VR (see hardware overview below) and i run the last time into following problem.

Petrovich is working without problems and find targets.

After successful target elimination i close the observer and turn away.

Usually it works few times and then after next observer activation the floating rectile is moved to right bottom.

I can designate positions like i want and on positions where i know 100% that the enemy unit is there but Petro cant find any targets then.

I can deactivate weapon systems for several minutes and unfortunately with no result.

This seems to reset ONLY when i land the heli and deactivate it completly.

Then after the restart it works flawelssly until next "inactivity".

This was tsted on standard loadout with 4 Shturms with nothing on inner pylons.

I dont know what it causes and yesterday ive uninstalled DCS, removed everything from ssd.

Dont used any mods, only few skins. Thats all.

The fresh install didnt changed that behavior.

Today ive tested it on Caucasus in the quick mission and after a while this behavior started again.

So this happens randomly.

Ive talked to few guys in our discord and one user had the same problem.

He play on a screen with opentrack.

Maybe there is a bug with headtracking in any form?

This is how it should be:

And here is the strange behavior where Petrovich is not able to find a target.

As you can see ive tried also to move the floating rectile manually to zero position (in manual mode) but when i activate the auto function so it moves back to the wrong fixed position.

At 0:48 (zoom) you can see enemy units and no reaction from Petro.

Ive tried the find teh targed several times from different distances.

I have a track from my tests but its over 2h long so i think the videos above are clear enough.

Here is my hardware overview:

Corsair 7000D Airflow Big Tower Case
i7-13700k
MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk DDR5
Corsair Dominator 64GB DDR5 5200MHz
Palit RTX4090 GameRock 24GB
Corsair HX1000i
Corsair H170i Elite Capellix AIO with Display Kit
1x Samsung 980 Pro SSD (DCS)
1x Crucial SSD M.2
1x Crucial SSD MX500
1x Samsung 870 QVO SSD
VR HP Reverb G2

Yeah not sure this is the reported issue here. You never exceeded 30 degree bank with observe on and 20-30 degree second yaw/pitch? 

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

@AeriaGloria

Basically i try always to search for targets flying nearly streight at the target like you can see in the first video.

So i would say i stay in the limits.

No hard turns or similar during the targeting/ search procedure.

@randomTOTEN

Something seems be off then.

Is it possible to reset it during the flight?

Sorry for the question but i play DCS only since 1 month and thats why i am not sure if this is kinda my fault but i saw meanwhile several tutorials and talked to poeple in my group how to handle the Hind so i would say ive didnt done something wrong.

But the "hard reset" of the machine on the ground via disabling it seems to reset that problem.

The question now is whats wrong there and how to reset it in the air?

Edited by Fear-Factor

8 hours ago, Fear-Factor said:

Something seems be off then.

Is it possible to reset it during the flight?

Sorry for the question but i play DCS only since 1 month and thats why i am not sure if this is kinda my fault but i saw meanwhile several tutorials and talked to poeple in my group how to handle the Hind so i would say ive didnt done something wrong.

But the "hard reset" of the machine on the ground via disabling it seems to reset that problem.

The question now is whats wrong there and how to reset it in the air?

IMO, you did nothing wrong, but there is always a chance that we did not see something that happened to cause this.

To reset everything in the air, just jump in front seat, shut down all weapons systems, jump back into pilot seat, wait 3 minutes and tell Petro to activate weapons again.

Thanks adamiki, few minutes ago ive tested it again and tried to avoid any aircraft movement before the observer was not closed.

Ive realized also in my video that in my case the Sight Synchronization Mode Selector was deactivated but i think that shouldnt have such big influence on that behavior.

Today i switched that button on and was able to start, shoot 8 shturms, land, reload, start and shoot another 8 shturms with no problem.

I want to do another thests because i just want to know what causes all this.

Dont wanna blame the game, maybe its a combination of 1-2 things which i/we dont see at this moment.

Please tell me one thing... lets say the observer is deactivated and i am in a situation that i have to do hard manouvers, can escape and return to attack the threads.... do it have any effect on the observer in that case?

Basically its a normal battle procedure so i guess the aircraft should handle it.

If this will happen again i will try your method to do the reset which you described.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fear-Factor said:

Thanks adamiki, few minutes ago ive tested it again and tried to avoid any aircraft movement before the observer was not closed.

Ive realized also in my video that in my case the Sight Synchronization Mode Selector was deactivated but i think that shouldnt have such big influence on that behavior.

Today i switched that button on and was able to start, shoot 8 shturms, land, reload, start and shoot another 8 shturms with no problem.

I want to do another thests because i just want to know what causes all this.

Dont wanna blame the game, maybe its a combination of 1-2 things which i/we dont see at this moment.

Please tell me one thing... lets say the observer is deactivated and i am in a situation that i have to do hard manouvers, can escape and return to attack the threads.... do it have any effect on the observer in that case?

Basically its a normal battle procedure so i guess the aircraft should handle it.

If this will happen again i will try your method to do the reset which you described.

To be exact, in order to completely reset system you need to shut off Raduga power from front seat for 3.5 minutes, then turn everything back on. If damage isn’t that bad, sometimes it doesn’t need the full 3.5 minutes. Once that maximum of 3.5 minutes has passed then turn everything on and wait 3.5 minutes. Total of 7 minute down time to reset and settle the gyros 

The procedure should be this when using Petro 

Up short to open observe when bank is less then 30 degrees, and pitch/yaw rate under 20 degrees per second. The system will be fine continuously even if you exceed elevation and azimuth limits of the periscope view. 

Before banking with more then 30 degree angle or pitch/yaw with more then 20 degree/second rate, press short down to close observe

If human front seater, replace short up/down in above procedure with observe up/down. 

If oversee is shut off there are no limits. You can confirm if observe is on/off from pilot seat from seeing if yellow light on bottom right of gunsight glass is on when in MSL/OFF mode. If yellow light is on then observe is on and periscope is open. In gun/rocket mode the same light is used to indicate being within the 2200m optimum range. 

the fact that it worked well for you one time after being more careful really does point to it being a gyro tumble for you. If so, I would suggest perhaps making a new thread or commenting on one of the other “Sight broken” threads so that this topic on VR compatibility is left for VR issues 

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

@AeriaGloria

Thank you for the help and informations.

In the meantime ive tested it again several times and i guess i found the problem.

Must be a fault caused by the user. Me 🙂

Ive tried to force it and it happened exactly like in the video.

The rectile stuck in the same position.

I took direction at the target, Petro found a target, ive designated it, then made a hard turn and escaped.

First two times Petro closed the observer automatically and the target search was not affected.

But then the third time Petro didnt closed the observer because ive done really hard turn and he hadnt the time to close it.

Ive repeated a flight in same way and was able to replicate it in that way.

The not closed observer caused the mentioned problem.

Tried then the reset hint from Admiki (from front seat) but i was not able to reset it.

Probably made something in wrong direction. I will try it again when i run into this problem.

To fisnish my theread its not a bug like expected. But now i am 100% sure what caused the problem.

If you want, you can delete my posts or leave for other users if they stumble about same problem.

The safest way is to close the observer, wait 1-2 seconds and then turn/dive away.

Edited by Fear-Factor
  • Like 1