Reverse the carrier AI takeoff/landing priority.

norman99

Currently, the AI priority for carrier ops is to prioritise recovering aircraft over launching aircraft. This is both incorrect (for cyclic ops), and leads to all sorts of issues on the deck.

For instance, due to the deck containing many departing aircraft, an aircraft just landed may get stuck taxiing, fouling the landing area, and then everything gets frozen forever. Remaining aircraft don’t land, and nothing launches.

If the priority was given to the launching aircraft, it would be both more realistic, and prevent some of these deck issues.

When an AI aircraft arrives overhead for recovery, the AI ATC should check to see if there are any active aircraft on the deck about to launch. (Make the use of “request launch” command mandatory for player aircraft to help facilitate this). If there are any active aircraft on deck, the recovering aircraft waits for these aircraft to launch before being issued the “signal charlie”, and commencing recovery. This has the added advantage of clearing the deck of departing aircraft, providing more room for those about to land.

Similarly, when an aircraft on the carrier becomes active for departure (or a player requests launch), it should check to see if any aircraft have already been given the “signal charlie”. If so, they wait till that aircraft has landed before moving, then they launch. If no aircraft are in the process of landing, departing aircraft have priority. Any subsequent arriving aircraft are required to wait until all departing aircraft have launched before they can commence recovery.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

• ED Team

Hi norman99, 

thanks for the feedback I will share it with the team but can not make any promises. 

It is complicated to organise a busy deck, especially when MP scenarios are included in the mix. 

best regards 

bignewy

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 months later...

i 100% hope this comes to pass. It seems like a smart series of changes that can really improve the "quality of life" for those of us that make extensive use of the carrier.

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill: