Can't see friends server, but others can and join

MrMisterEdits

I recently joined a AEW with some guys, and its been pretty nice so far, however, their main server which one person hosts using a separate home build that they have, I can't find in my multiplayer server list. They used this server with no problems prior to me joining them. the server name is 16AEW Training, and no matter what I do, I can't find it on the server list. I'm fully up to date, I've tried repairing my game, I've even tried to do some troubleshooting with the server owner, but to no avail.

Myself and one other person had this issue when trying to join their server. I tried pinging the server IP via CMD and everything was normal and working, so it's just a DCS issue since there were no problems with anyone else prior to me joining their group. I can explain more but I was curious if anyone else knows what I'm talking about and has a solution or to just bring up this issue with ED.

1 hour ago, MrMisterEdits said:

I'm fully up to date...

Ok, but do you have the same DCS version and branch - open beta or stable/release?

Did you try to search for the server by IP or name?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 3 weeks later...
  • ED Team

please attach your dcs log after an attempt to join it may have some more clues

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 1/11/2024 at 7:48 AM, MrMisterEdits said:

I recently joined a AEW with some guys, and its been pretty nice so far, however, their main server which one person hosts using a separate home build that they have, I can't find in my multiplayer server list. They used this server with no problems prior to me joining them. the server name is 16AEW Training, and no matter what I do, I can't find it on the server list. I'm fully up to date, I've tried repairing my game, I've even tried to do some troubleshooting with the server owner, but to no avail.

Myself and one other person had this issue when trying to join their server. I tried pinging the server IP via CMD and everything was normal and working, so it's just a DCS issue since there were no problems with anyone else prior to me joining their group. I can explain more but I was curious if anyone else knows what I'm talking about and has a solution or to just bring up this issue with ED.

Might it be antivirus/firewall/Windows Defender? I sometimes have my antivirus pop up for several servers when the multiplayer list is populated since some IPs (not the DCS servers themselves, just their current IPs) seems to have been compromised/associated with malicious activities in the past. Maybe something is silently blocking that address? Far reach but might be worth looking into if everything else fails.