Static Objects from saved template cause mission corruption

Go to solution Solved by Rudel_chw,

PERSIAN GULF SHIP TRAFFIC.stmDubai Internationals Populated.stmBandar Abbas International populated.stmAl Minhab AB populated.stmAl Dhafra AB Populated.stmShiraz International populated.stmLiwa AB Populated.stmKerman International populated.stm

Many old static object saves that I have created for the PG map cause the mission editor to hang up, fail to load and save a mission, and cause the mision file to be corrupted. I have noticed this only happens with static objects within these saves. This seems to be a major issue worth investigating. 

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

Thrustmaster T16000m HOTAS

50 minutes ago, bennyboy9800 said:

Many old static object saves that I have created for the PG map cause the mission editor to hang up, fail to load and save a mission, and cause the mision file to be corrupted. I have noticed this only happens with static objects within these saves. This seems to be a major issue worth investigating. 

Have you checked if your Templates include assets from a User Mod? ... you need to have those Mods active in order to properly load the Template.

Edit: I did a quick test, PGulf map, loaded a 4 year-old static template, with plenty of static objects .. it loaded fine, no corrupt or missing objects:

Edited by Rudel_chw
added sample video

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

5 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Have you checked if your Templates include assets from a User Mod? ... you need to have those Mods active in order to properly load the Template.

Edit: I did a quick test, PGulf map, loaded a 4 year-old static template, with plenty of static objects .. it loaded fine, no corrupt or missing objects:

Try the static templates I provided. The issue is not whether or not a mod is installed. 

Edited by bennyboy9800

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

• Solution
6 hours ago, bennyboy9800 said:

Try the static templates I provided. The issue is not whether or not a mod is installed. 

Actually, I think it is. Tested the first template: Persian Gulf Ship Traffic .... it has units belonging to two user mods: the HMS Duncan, and the eh101 helicopter ... I tried the template even if I don't have those Mods on my DCS, and while it loads, the resulting mission is corrupted.

So, my suggestion is to enable both Mods on your DCS, and then try the template ... it should then work as expected, and as it does on my video, where I use two user mods with no problem. Also, it is good practice to list the Mods you employ, on the template description.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

4 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Actually, I think it is. Tested the first template: Persian Gulf Ship Traffic .... it has units belonging to two user mods: the HMS Duncan, and the eh101 helicopter ... I tried the template even if I don't have those Mods on my DCS, and while it loads, the resulting mission is corrupted.

So, my suggestion is to enable both Mods on your DCS, and then try the template ... it should then work as expected, and as it does on my video, where I use two user mods with no problem. Also, it is good practice to list the Mods you employ, on the template description.

I did not even realize that these mods were in the static template. Once they are installed it works now. Am I able to remove these mods from the template without having to make a new one? 

Edited by bennyboy9800
  • Like 1

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

1 hour ago, bennyboy9800 said:

I did not even realize that these mods were in the static template. Once they are installed it works now.

glad that it works now 👍

1 hour ago, bennyboy9800 said:

Am I able to remove these mods from the template without having to make a new one? 

unfortunately, the mission editor is not able to edit static templates directly. You have to edit a new mission on the same map, then load the template, do your edits and then re-save the template with the same name, so it overwrites the previous one.

• Thanks 1