USS John F. Kennedy CV-67 or Carrier Detailed Experiences / Missions

Lawman1306

I served as a Machinist Mate and Shipboard Firefighter in the Engineering Department Auxiliaries Division onboard the USS JFK. I remember working on the JBDs and Aircraft Elevators, Also we worked with the catapult systems and Steam supply for the entire ship. I remember getting qualified as an Advance Damage Control Petty Officer Leading the Mechanical Isolation team during certain emergency response events.  We deployed to the North Arabian Sea shortly after September 11th in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. It would be awesome to relive some of that experience in this game so I can tell my sea stories to my Son using it as a visual reference. How and or where can I get something similar to this or request it? I remember the Mediterranean and the Suez Canal the Persian Gulf and the North Arabian Sea. I responded to Lots of "Aircraft Emergency" and "Major Fuel Oil Leaks" including an incident where a catapult malfunction/failure crashed an F-14. Flight Operations went on 24/7 for several months at a time so it was a constant battle to maintain critical equipment and prevent failure during this time. It would be cool to assume different roles and responsibilities of the ship and create challenges that require you to make decisions that impact the sustainability of the overall mission. So much more happens within the ship.

On 1/14/2024 at 8:58 AM, Lawman1306 said:

So much more happens within the ship.

I bet - no wonder they need a few thousands of the crew. Not gonna lie though - what you ask is extremely detailed and out of focus of this game. Maybe in tens of years or even never in DCS. Sounds more like a ship maintenance crew simulator. We don't even have full deck operations modeled yet (even basics like a crew for reloading/refueling), no malfunctions are simulated to the ship outside of the simple general battle damage based on hitpoints - only visual hull and deck damage, smoke and fire, slower to no movement, weapon stops working, finally sinking.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria