How can i repeat an action with trigger.

lorfar

Hi all

i want to repeat entering in game of aircrafts and repet 3 time x 2.

ES. Trigger 1 wave 1

Trigger 2 wave 2

Tigger 3 wave 3

Trigger 4 go to trigger 1 for 2 time

I can i make it that?

Lorenzo

Edited by lorfar

"I told Orville and i told Wilbur, that thing will never fly" The last fomous words

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

22 minuti fa, razo+r ha scritto:

Once - your condtion - spawn group 1

Once - group dead or other conditions - spawn group 2

Once - group 2 dead or other conditions - spawn group 3

Etc.

I already make in this way.

I want make so.

Trigger 1 wave 1

Trigger 2 wave 2

Tigger 3 wave 3

"I told Orville and i told Wilbur, that thing will never fly" The last fomous words

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 hours ago, lorfar said:

while triggers can be executed multiple times, the spawning of a unit can occur only once.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

This is possible, but only with Lua scripting. There are some tools to help you do the job, DML is apparently one:

You can search for it or ask @cfrag for in formation, I'm not really familiar.

Otherwise, you'd need to copy the group you want to respawn and set up multiple triggers for the amount of times you want it spawned.

Edit, well as soon as I posted I noticed the DML thread, so might as well add it

Edited by Exorcet

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

6 hours ago, lorfar said:

This is the bit that currently puts it out of reach for plain vanilla mission editor.

As @Exorcet kindly mentioned, there are tools that can do this for you, and from you description, what you are trying to do is indeed near-trivial - once you are using DML (note: other tools can surely also do that for you. I'm partial to DML). To see what you are getting yourself into, perhaps watch this video (which does quite a bit more than just spawning on a trigger - it also gives you a menu to spawn on demand. But it completely solves what you are trying to do, so you can gauge how much effort it will be for you to do this yourself). DML works by adding some words to trigger zones in Mission Editor, and that's pretty much it. 

So if all you want is to spawn groups by a flag, DML does that in spades, and setting it up will take all of four minutes (one each per cloner, plus one to set up DML)

If this seems helpful, let me know.