AGR not available in A=G with no weapons loaded

dutchili

In the Viper, having no weapons loaded, the Air To Ground radar is not available in A-G mode.

I cannot select AGR modes. I can select those modes in NAV mode, but won't see a diamond in the HUD for whatever targe i lock with the AGR nor the TGP.

Can confirm. Surely this is unintended behavior. 

However, if you want to use these modes without bringing A2G weapons, loading and unloading A2G weapons works to unlock the A2G sensor modes iirc.

Edited by Yaga
  • Like 1

• ED Team

Hi @dutchili

We need some more information on this. In my tests without any weapon available on the pylons, the radar is set to operate the AGR as the only available mode for the gun. If you think this is incorrect, please send non-classified publicly available information to @BIGNEWYand we'll have a look.

@Yaga

In what conditions does that happen? Can you supply a track for that?

dcsvader.png
Esquadra 701 - DCS Portugal - Discord

Hi @Lord Vader,

Replication steps:

- cold start

- load TGP

- take off

- master mode A-G

- ISSUE: radar cannot be set to AG modes

In NAV mode you can select the AG radar modes, but you can't see the locked items (FCR or TGP) in the JHMCS.

I don't know if this is 'correct' or incorrect', but if feels wrong as it does not support recon flights.

Edited by dutchili

• ED Team

Like I said, if you only have guns available what mode other than AGR should be available? 

Again, we need documented evidence this should work any other way. So, once more, please send your evidence via PM to @BIGNEWYand we'll rectify if needed. 

I understand what you're saying about "feeling wrong" but we can't change logics without evidence.

dcsvader.png

42 minutes ago, Lord Vader said:

Like I said, if you only have guns available what mode other than AGR should be available? 

Again, we need documented evidence this should work any other way. So, once more, please send your evidence via PM to @BIGNEWYand we'll rectify if needed. 

I understand what you're saying about "feeling wrong" but we can't change logics without evidence.

even with just guns you should be able to use the AG radar together with other sensors like a TGP. maybe you just want to do some recce? i doubt that would be done in NAV where you cant see sensor symbology in HMCS

• Like 3

• ED Team

Please understand we need to sustain such changes with documented evidence. Some items may sound counterproductive but if that's the way the real aircraft works, I'm afraid we can't make a change because it "feels better". If the documents say it, then that's what we'll do. 

Thanks for understanding. 

• Like 1

dcsvader.png

• ED Team
6 hours ago, Yaga said:

No, I will not be supplying a track for that. You can make one yourself in a matter of minutes. 

I had asked for a track because I did try to land, load and unload weapons and couldn't reproduce. If you can make this happen then a track is needed demonstrating the steps towards the issue.

Thanks for understanding.

dcsvader.png

• ED Team

We will continue to investigate, but based on the replies I have had to moderate in this thread I am closing it. 

If you have evidence please PM me. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2