Bf109 Immersion-Killer

Go to solution Solved by Art-J,

@NineLine

A quick video showing an anomoly on the flaps of this glorious aircraft...

This an axample of my Bf109 flaps during gameplay, both on ST and MT.
It really IS an immersion-killer, especially as I'm just starting to familiarise myself with the 109 and was enjoying it immensely. You can see the flickering when you are taking off, landing etc. etc. and once you're aware of it you can't unsee it!! You can alsoo see it during replay footage as well so it seems that it is across the board.

Attached please find a quick video of the problem, my DCS logfile, the Trackfile and my DxDiag as well.
I sincerely hope someone can help?...

dcs.log.zip37.31 kB · 3 downloads

Flaps Glitch.trk.zip528.67 kB · 2 downloads

DxDiag.zip16.42 kB · 2 downloads

EDIT: I just cleaned and repaired my installation as well and it still does it...

EDIT: IT STILL DOES IT AND THE 'SOLUTION' DOESN'T WORK, IT WAS A MIS-POST AT THIS END.

IT HAPPENS IN BOTH MT AND ST

Edited by Raptorattacker

image.png

• Solution

Well, the last thing that needs to be tried then is temporary removal of all custom mods and apps from Saved Games location, whether they are 109-related or not. You've got quite a few of these, judging from your log. Then launch the game and see what happens.

Keep in mind that repair and cleanup procedure fixes the main game folder only, but does nothing to content in Saved Games folder at all, so if source of the problem is hidden somewhere there, it's going to be still there no matter how many times you're executing repair command.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

You should have named the the thread more properly, with that title no forum moderator knows at first sight you mean there's a texture flickering on the flaps.

Anyhow, it's ugly, should be reported, and all that, of course, yes, totally, but don't know about you but I don't fly looking at the flaps all the time. Perhaps your immersion killer is the pain in your neck you have because of that 😅 .

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2024 at 3:54 PM, Ala13_ManOWar said:

don't know about you but I don't fly looking at the flaps all the time.

Nor do I but the fact I've SEEN them just irks me.
So your suggestion is that people pretend that it isn't happening then? That's a good idea, isn't it? 🤨
As far as moderators go, if the title says that immersion is being compromised then I would imagine that would prick up someone's curiousity. Wouldn't you? It's hardly as if the post is massively verbose is it? It literally says, "This an axample of my Bf109 flaps during gameplay, both on ST and MT".
Anyway, It's STILL happening...
Peace
Rap

Edited by Raptorattacker

image.png

4 hours ago, Raptorattacker said:

So your suggestion is that people pretend that it isn't happening then?

Not at all, my suggestion is don't focus everything on that the way you apparently do,

is it a bug? of course it is

is it ugly? sure and I don't like that kind of ugliness neither, not even a bit

should it be documented and reported?? Please, by all means do so right away

Is it a horrendous bug so immersion killer I can't fly the module any more until they fix it right now or I'll get mad and stop breathing? Sorry mate, it is not, it's an ugly bit I don't even notice but barely enough from time to time, and since it is reported now that's all. The "I can't live any more like that" attitude is completely unnecessary because it's only in your head but don't expect we all to be the same. It's there, it's reported, so what more. That's what I'm saying.

P.S. : not to mention it is already properly reported somewhere else, so all the fuss for nothing, others did it the right way and it is reported not because of you mate. More to my point… just breathe and chill a bit. It's ugly, Ok, I can live with until it's gone.

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

The only thing I'm concerned is - has Nineline re-checked the bug  thread to notice that the glitch can happen in MT build as well, not in ST only as he thought initially. The thread is still marked as ST problem, which clearly isn't the case.

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.