Is This Realistic?

I never fly the Kurfurst without MW-50, and today, it was reinforced why.   (I was on a server with no mw50 planes)

I flew very conservatively, maxing out at 1.25 ATA, and kept the radiators open the entire time, keeping the temps in the middle of the gauge.

Finally got in a scrum, pushed WOT, 15 seconds later, engine dead.

And that was that.

Now, I may be wrong, but I think the K had more emergency-power endurance than 15 seconds, but everytime I try to fly the thing, it's either dead during takeoff, just after takeoff, or dead the moment I join a fight.

The 109 is my primary plane, and I have 1,000+ hours in it, but always, ALWAYS with MW-50 (which I can fly all day long).  The non-MWs might as well be another plane, and a pretty damn awful one at that.  Seriously, if this is anything close to realistic, the Luftwaffe pilots might as well have just put guns to their head on takeoff.  The plane is useless in any fight lasting more than 10 seconds.

Edited by Rex

Rex's Rig

Intel i9-14900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 | 64GB DDR5 | 3x4TB 990 Pro M2 SSDs | HP Reverb 2 | 49" Samsung 5120x1440 @ 120Mhz

TM Warthog Stick + Throttle | TM Pendulum Pedals | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR |  Cougar MFD x 2 

I don't fully understands what the NOTE text means.

Does this mean "while using MW-50" or simply "If the MW-50 system is installed"?  It would seem to be the latter, although I don't know that it makes sense, as all K4s were capable of using MW50 (I think), meaning the Take-Off and WEP were never relevant, so why are they even there?  It's confusing.

image.pngD

God help you online if you can never go past 1.35.  You're going to make the Allies, who typically greatly outnumber you, very happy.

Edited by Rex

Rex's Rig

Intel i9-14900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 | 64GB DDR5 | 3x4TB 990 Pro M2 SSDs | HP Reverb 2 | 49" Samsung 5120x1440 @ 120Mhz

TM Warthog Stick + Throttle | TM Pendulum Pedals | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR |  Cougar MFD x 2 

The engine ratings in DCS K-4 manual is not correct. It is not for the DB605D engine.

The DB605D has power settings

special emergency 2800RPM / 1,8ATA with MW (10 minutes limit)

take-off / combat power 2600RPM / 1,45ATA (30 minutes limit? )

max. continuous 2400RPM / 1,35ATA (unlimited)

If you are on server where the K-4 is without MW, means that MW tank is set empty (or fuel is there instead of water-methanol) in mission editor and you can not use it even system itself is always instaled. Your maximal power setting is 1,45ATA in that case. If you try go above, the engine will die very quickly. 

some inormation is in this topic

Edited by saburo_cz

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Even if there is no MW50 in tank you can still use 1.8 ATA but you can do this only at very high alt. And don't bother using manual cooling set it for auto and that's it.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor