Setting Up In-Flight Menus

Gyster

I'm not sure if this is the right venue for this question, but using VR presents some specific problems with inputs - namey, you can't see any of your input devices while wearing an hmd.  I have a Virpil MC3 throttle with lots of unused buttons and was wondering if there's a method where I could use one of the rotary dials and the button in the center.  I envision bringing up the menu with either VoiceAttack or a button, using the dial to scroll and highlight the selection I want, then pressing the center button to make that selection.  Any ideas on whether that's possible or how to go about setting that up?

I don't think about there is any mechanism to do what you want without cutting some serious Dev work... But I'm also not sure what you are trying to achieve, I can use all of my buttons in VR, including my mfds and ufc and combat and takeoff panels...and for everything else there is voice attack with vaicom... 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I think it might be the communications menu.  I'm new to DCS so I've been trying to learn using the instant action missions, and a couple of them require you to select a difficulty level.  I don't recall exactly, but they reference a main menu and communications menu.  In multiplayer, I've been using one of these to get the ground crew to help with start up procedures.  This isn't too bad because I'm sitting on the tarmac and can lift the hmd to see the keyboard, but it would be easier to do that using controller buttons or voice commands.

Just use voice attack and vaicom, say "Options" and then "Take n" where n is the appropriate number for the menu option you want, followed by another "Take n"

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

5 hours ago, Gyster said:

This isn't too bad because I'm sitting on the tarmac and can lift the hmd to see the keyboard, but it would be easier to do that using controller buttons or voice commands.

You can assign keys or buttons to the coms menu. It’s called Command Menu in the settings. 

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Call the menu using your hotas UHF/VHF keybind as usual.
Then you have two basic options:
A) find the proper F function key blindy, which you can do by tactile and muscle memory

B) use your mouse/trackball, move the cursor to the upper right area, once the blue crosshair disappears, it becomes a white dot. Click over the desired option.

It´s that easy.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

8 hours ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

Call the menu using your hotas UHF/VHF keybind as usual.
Then you have two basic options:
A) find the proper F function key blindy, which you can do by tactile and muscle memory

B) use your mouse/trackball, move the cursor to the upper right area, once the blue crosshair disappears, it becomes a white dot. Click over the desired option.

It´s that easy.

There’s an option C

Assign buttons for the comms menu under “Command Menu” and you can scroll down/ select the menu items. You still bring the menu up as before with radio or / commands. 

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5