Need help with "fixed time" waypoint not working for arrival calculations

Go to solution Solved by twistking,

Hello,
when in mission editor it is possible to define waypoint arrival times. Currently i'm editing a mission where some waypoints need to be reached at a precise moment, so in ME i set those waypoints to "fixed time" and entered the desired time of arrival. I checked that all the required speeds are valid and made sure that the flightplan itself was valid without any time/speed settings being outlined in red.

In the mission however those times do not have any effect. If flying by the HUD tot calculator i'm late several minutes. I've checked in the CDU waypoints menu and it seems that my "fixed times" were not "ported over" to the aircraft. So the tot calculation is correct, but it does not use the values i put in those waypoints in the mission editor.

What am i doing wrong? I assume that TOT (time on target) is the time at which the waypoint should be reached. Is this not correct?

What happens if you tick the time box for every waypoint after having put in your times for the waypoints required?

Also, there was a bug with the F-16 not properly importing the timings if you occupied a different aircraft beforehand, do you still have the issue if you completely restart DCS and immediately try your mission?

4 minutes ago, razo+r said:

What happens if you tick the time box for every waypoint after having put in your times for the waypoints required?

Will have to check.

4 minutes ago, razo+r said:

Also, there was a bug with the F-16 not properly importing the timings if you occupied a different aircraft beforehand, do you still have the issue if you completely restart DCS and immediately try your mission?

Yes, i did definitely restart before trying. I think when testing i always started the mission through the editor. Next time i can try it without the editor. The mission is build for MP (so the aircraft is "client" and not "player") by the way...

21 hours ago, razo+r said:

This did not change anything.

The time difference always seems to be about 1:30 (the CDU "lacks behind" what is set in the ME). Now i wonder, if this is the delay from the cold start until the CDU has finished booting. Will have to check from hot start.

• Like 1

• Solution
3 hours ago, twistking said:

Now i wonder, if this is the delay from the cold start until the CDU has finished booting. Will have to check from hot start.

This seems to be the problem indeed. Time on Target works flawlessly when aircraft is set to hot start. When cold starting there is a delay added. Presumably from the delay of the CDU booting up. I assume this is a bug!

• Like 1

@NineLine can you move this to the bug section?

To reproduce this bug, simply make a simple flightplan with fixed timings and cold start. When booted up, check the CDU waypoint menu to confirm that TOT times do not match the ME flightplan timing.
I assume that the TOT timings are not imported from the flightplan as absolute values, but as a delta from an "init time", where "init time" is not counting from mission start, but from CDU startup.