Rainbow flashes on screen

Since I got my new laptop with a 3070, I sometimes see a weird artifact. Maybe once every 3 hours, the screen turns into very low res and rainbow colored - I can still make out the shapes. I get no error message, and 1 sec later everything is back to normal.

My GFX card can't be dying, surely? It's 3 months old. And yes I have the latest drivers from Nvidia.

BTW I see the same in VR too.

Edited by Reflected

😕 Does it happen with any other game? If yes, it is hardware or cooling, likely the former.

Check your GPU temperatures.
Delete FXO and METASHADERS2 folder from your saved games>DCS world folder. Let it rebuild.

- DDU the driver (safe application tool to fully remove the driver and its components) and re install again the same driver or the previous one you've played DCS on and had no issues.

- Limit the frame rate if you haven't, but first check the temperatures at the same settings you've encountered the problem. If your gpu goes above 82°C it starts throttling, anything above 100°C is a serious concern.

If you still encounter the issue without having a temperature problem, or a driver problem. Try to play another game as demanding or more demanding as DCS is. If you can reproduce the issue in another game, RMA your laptop (it is new, right? you mentioned 3 months old) for another one or money back.

Hope it helps in some form. Sucks to see such issue. Best of luck.

Edited by Czar66

35 minutes ago, Reflected said:

Hey ,thanks! I don't play any other game 😄

I have my frame rate limited. GPU temps are maximum 80 ish. I'll keep an eye on it and report back.

Gotcha.
To add: Disable any application that somewhat overclocks the GPU if there is any enabled.

• 2 weeks later...