Contrails

Can we set the height above which trails form to something more realistic please?  As an average I'd say 28000 and above is where you're most likely to find them, and only in a particular band of altitude, for example 29-35000,  Either side of the band where persistent trails form there is often a thousand feet or so where non-persistent contrails are present too - it would be cool to see this.

As a tactical aside, does the presence of trails from our aircraft increase the AI's ability to detect us at all?  I've heard 'Tally' called for real at 40 miles as the target was in the cons.

Dr Spankle

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I fly almost everyday , or at least 4-5 times a week. I am always between  32-38k depending on the weight and hardly ever do I see contrails in the flight levels, I can see traffic on the TCAS display and visually. but with DCS you always have contrails. 

• Like 2

I9-9900k, 32MB, RTX2070S, 2560x1440 165hz monitor, track IR, Grass Monkey wireless Puck, Virpil T50-CM3,  Winwing Superlibra stick with Hornet and Viper grip, Winwing Orion2 with Hornet, and F15E grip, Winwing PTO, home made 2060 mounts,  Virpill ACE interceptor pedals

Am 1.2.2024 um 12:53 schrieb drspankle:

As a tactical aside, does the presence of trails from our aircraft increase the AI's ability to detect us at all?  I've heard 'Tally' called for real at 40 miles as the target was in the cons.

very interesting! Would like to get informations on that! Can anyone respond on that with knowledge?

• Like 1
  • DCS F-16 VIPER CLUB
  • GERMAN SPEAKING DCS F-16 ONLY SQUAD - JOIN US! - 
  • Discord :  F-16 VIPER CLUB

trztztztztz.png

• 1 month later...

It would be great if we could see contrails without having to zoom in. Generally from the ground I can spot them outside my house without any aids at distances 30-70 miles, verified with Flightradar24. 

• Like 3