Engage my target not working + editing canopy glass reflection textures

db349

Dear Razbam team,

First of all many thanks for all the effort and work poured into the development and continuing support of the M2000C, it's such a fantastic module, easily one of my favourites ! (and I own almost all of them)

I just have 2 questions for which I hope you can help me out or guide me in the right direction :
1) With a PSIC lock I'm unable to have my wingman engage this particular target using the standard "engage/attack my target" radio command, is this a bug ? (The only other module I'm aware of exhibiting this same behaviour is the F14). Wingman just remains silent and doesn't budge. Other commands work normally.
2) Being a realism purist 😉 I personally find the cockpit canopy glass reflections a bit too weak compared to other modules and real life footage (although the reflection of the mirror looks nice and is quite visible).  I know this is a contentious topic as VR users I suppose prefer no reflections at all to save FPS. So I was wondering if there is a way for me to adapt the transparency of the relevant existing baked-in reflection textures or the canopy glass itself with 3DSMax , Material Editor or similar tools ? I currently don't know much about texture editing, but am willing to dive into the matter... so I wanted to first check with you guys to see if it's even technically feasible for a non developer to actually adjust the reflections. While I'm at it, also the shadow reflections on the interior glass are certainly there, but also a bit too weak/subtle IMHO, would an adjustment of the transparency of the glass also yield results here ?

Thanks for your reply!

1) Are you two on the same frequency? Are you using the correct keybind for the dedicated radio PTT? A common error is to think the key for the intercom will also work for the radio, but it won't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, razo+r said:

1) Are you two on the same frequency? Are you using the correct keybind for the dedicated radio PTT? A common error is to think the key for the intercom will also work for the radio, but it won't.

Either, you answered a completely different question, or you're so far advanced on this topic, I can't even see you from where I am... take your pick. 😉 

I'm not updating this anymore. It's safe to assume I have all the stuff, and the stuff for the stuff too. 🙂

Maybe I am missing something here, but of course we are on the same freq and using the correct PTT button since all other radio commands work as expected…

So you guys confirm specifically the “engage my target” command ( NOT “engage bandits” which works for me) works as intended on your end ? You can actually make your wingman engage a specific target with the M2000 ?

Thanks

All Razbam module doesn't support “engage my target” commnad unfortunately. I requested working “engage my target” and "engage target at my SPI" command for AV-8B many years ago, and result is as you know.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, db349 said:

The only other module I know of which also doesn't support the "engage my target" wingman command is Heatblur's F14, at least the last time I tried it.

Thank you for confirming it doesn’t work on the F14 - I was losing my mind a bit!