Lost Binds after Re-install

Go to solution Solved by noisy_lightning,

Have recently just built a new machine, and as I have in the past with all other re-installs I backed up my save games files for binds etc.

Installed the game, copied back the save game files as previously, checked the device ID's against my Stick/Throttle/Rudder etc all match in game and in the binding file name, all good.

Go in game and nothing is being loaded by default as it should be. Just not picking anything up from the Config-Input folders for each module.

I can manually add these files in game by importing profiles, this is time consuming though.

Any idea how to resolve the automated import of the existing profiles?

In DCS, your input profile is saved as DeviceName{DeviceGuid}.diff.lua As long as your device's GUID matches, the game will recognize it.

GUIDs are pseudo-randomly generated via a seed that is only unique to each Windows installation. Moving to a new system or reimaging Windows creates fresh seeds and GUIDs. You must rename or reimport the profile.

There is a quicker way for doing this.

Any program or cmd/powershell script that does a "batch rename" which searches all files and replace the old GUID with the new GUID at once. If you have never learned such things before, it may not be worth the hassle only for this.

Simply rename or re-import your profile manually.

4 hours ago, noisy_lightning said:

Indeed had that before and I have a tool to restore old GUID numbers. Those all match what the dcs files have. In addition none of the game settings were carried over either which is strange.

Is there a registry entry that points to this stuff?

https://pcwiseman.com/downloads_files/DCS_New_Computer.pdf

I did this a couple years ago. Still relevant and easy.

Good luck.

• Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Indeed had that before and I have a tool to restore old GUID numbers. Those all match what the dcs files have. In addition none of the game settings were carried over either which is strange.

Is there a registry entry that points to this stuff?
You 100 sure it points to the correct "Saved Games", and the folder structure is correct? They did change it for the inputs a few years back.
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

• Solution

Resolved it this morning. Minor issue with the hardware for the virpil sticks, when installing the virpil software it flashed new firmware and built a new profile. I have restored my old profile and now, the binds work.

Cheers for the help everyone.

• Like 1