WarBRD-D Base - do you really need to remove screws for TM stick?

dmatt76

Hi
The manual for  WarBRD-D Base  says you need to remove the two screws to allow the Thrustmaster stick to twist/rotate...
I've read some comments that the rotation is too loose and seems like not really what you want from the stick. and the screws are actually hold the grip in place as intended...
So what can be damaged if used with the screws? Are you using it with or without?

ttt.jpg

Edited by dmatt76

I have an original WarBRD and honestly it was long enough ago now that I put it together that I can't remember exactly what the issue with leaving the screws in is.  IIRC it was something with the connector -- the TM stick end doesn't have much movement so you need to remove those screws so it doesn't put stress on connector in the stick if the stick twists slightly on the base maybe?  I have my stick slightly turned to the left for better ergonomics.  There will be at least a few people that will come along and say you don't need to do it an they've had no problem, but I'm not sure what the benefit of not doing it is (and obviously there is some risk when Virpil is recommending it).  I'm also not sure how having them removed would make anything "loose".  There shouldn't be any noticeable rotation of the stick on the base once you've tightened it down.

I followed the instructions and removed the screws. IIRC I looked at it and thought there might be some interference, and it was easy enough to do.

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

I removed the screws because my TM stick on my TM base had a few millimetres of play (twist), and as it said, "you need to remove the two screws to allow the Thrustmaster stick to twist/rotate...".

I am happy to say though, that I have zero play with my TM stick on my WarBRD-D base, it is solid as a rock.

Z790, 13700K, RTX4080, 32 gig RAM, Warthog,  WarBRD base , Virpil Pedals, Pico 4

I used mine for a while without removing the screws with a TM A10 grip. I just needed to remove them to connect the TM F18 grip at an angle now that I have a chair center-mount.

Pentium II 233Mhz | 16MB RAM | 14.4kb Modem | 1.44MB Floppy Disk Drive | Windows 3.1 with TM Warthog & TrackIR 5