SharkPit 2.0 [wip]

TangoRomeo

Did you replace the ADI "C" with an "N" ? :smilewink:

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one of my fav mods for BS!

But what happened to all the download links? TR: You post above that you have another update, and show screens. But neither that post nor the first post seem to contain the latest download link anymore.

If it isn't too much additional work, could you please use the first post to provide the most up-to-date info about the mod? Basically just a mirror of whatever you use in the mod thread to capture the most recent offering. That way everyone knows where the mod can be easily found, without searching or surfing through pages and pages of a thread (your mod is POPULAR! It no longer scales to post updates at the end of the thread.

I only request this because I love the mod so much and always want to have the latest version of your fine work.

Cheers

@smoky

checksix is currently down, apparently the host server has been hacked :mad:

No word yet on when they'll be back online ...

The new pics posted are WIP on final version, just to show some changes made. There`s not going to be another WIP/Beta, as it would likely create some confusion later, on what to actually download.

The idea behind releasing a preview version was to get feedback on how it would link up with the different local releases of BS. But of coarse also to get some input on the new textures, i.e. reference material, or suggestions based on fact. Here the feedback was rather meagre. Infact the reference material i currently use is the same i started out with. Obviously alot more has been published on the SU's and Mig's than on the KA-50.

@crazysundog

i use Photoshop to create, and currently NVIDIAS .DDS plugin to save ...

The latter seems to have some trouble with PS/Vista or/and my system setup, and often causes screen corruption when trying to change .dds settings. Luckily ATI`s Compressonator tool seems to be a valid alternative.

Going to keep you posted on progress, currently i´m just cleaning up some textures and add a few details here and there.

@smoky

checksix is currently down, apparently the host server has been hacked :mad:

No word yet on when they'll be back online ...

The new pics posted are WIP on final version, just to show some changes made. There`s not going to be another WIP/Beta, as it would likely create some confusion later, on what to actually download.

The idea behind releasing a preview version was to get feedback on how it would link up with the different local releases of BS. But of coarse also to get some input on the new textures, i.e. reference material, or suggestions based on fact. Here the feedback was rather meagre. Infact the reference material i currently use is the same i started out with. Obviously alot more has been published on the SU's and Mig's than on the KA-50.

@crazysundog

i use Photoshop to create, and currently NVIDIAS .DDS plugin to save ...

The latter seems to have some trouble with PS/Vista or/and my system setup, and often causes screen corruption when trying to change .dds settings. Luckily ATI`s Compressonator tool seems to be a valid alternative.

Going to keep you posted on progress, currently i´m just cleaning up some textures and add a few details here and there.

You can also try hosting at lockonfiles. IIRC your first Beta Pit is still available there.

I have a couple of questions, for me, i can't get the cockpit text into English. I have the Russian version of the game translated into English via moving files over from the English version. Also, i can only find links to V1.0, but this thread is called 2.0? I am probably missing something :P

Awesome mod! :thumbup:

Incidentally, could you translate the Russian text underneath the EKRAN into English?

:D

If someone translates the marking, why not?

While we're at it....

hudx.jpg

@ Frakin' Toasters

i can't really help you with your modded russian version. However, you could try to manually replace the contents of the respective .cdds file via .cdds explorer. Switching cockpit lettering ingame won't work this way though.

It`s called 2.0, as i do regard stock textures as 1.0 :D

Ok.. There is no marker on the ADF on the vanilla cockpit either... SOL I guess ;o)

I tried installing the fixed beta, but in modman, I don't get the CDDS green state, just the green state. Looks like it's not installing the CDDS for some reason.

MOBO ASUS P5QL-Pro, Intel Q9550 2.8Ghz @ 3.5 GHZ, 8GB DDR2 Crucial, XFX HD6950, TM Warthog, TIR4 /w Pro-Clip, 24 In Samsung Syncmaster LED, 2 X Cheapo 8in LCD's for MFD's and TM MFCD's attached to it, Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

By the way, I had a look through my Russian study material, and the Russian word for brightness is яркость, pronounced "Ya'koszht", where the apostrophe is there should be a slightly rolled R, (at least that's how assume it's pronounced, i'm yet to study this word, and it's really hard to phonetically spell out Russian in English letters).

So it seems the abbreviation for this word is ярк, and Google translator tells me that translates into 'LUMI', which i assume means luminescence, or Illumination.

hudx.jpg

Fourth option is correct. "ЯРК", pronounced "Yark", abbreviated from "Yarkost" (ЯРКОСТЬ), brightness. Regulates HUD brightness.

If you live to fly again, it's a successful landing. The plane being able to fly again is just a bonus.

Hi,

TangoRomeo, on the ADF selector, the marker is not visible. We don't know which ADF channel is selected.

On the original pit, the marker is small white triangle.

(screeshot here : http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=40968)

userbar_dcs.gif

userbar_51th.png

i5 7600k@4.6Ghz / Asus Z270G / GTX 1080 Strix / 16Go DDR4 Gskill / SSD samsung 850PRO 1To / Asus 27' / HOTAS TM Warthog / Track-Ir 4 / Oculus Cv1

I´m still looking for some detailed close-ups of the flight instruments, preferably where the engravings, serial numbers etc. are clearly visible. In the meantime i redid the night lighting, russian panel labeling and added some more detail.

Going to post an update later.

really great work, thanks a lot for this piece of art.

One thing: I noticed while rearming and running up the system the instrument lights went on - don't know if that's because of the mod?

Hi master TangoRomeo!

The 1.4 is VERY NICE! These are only a 2.0 will be available?

For example: switches, lamps, automatic pilot buttons, etc.

Pictures attached...

question_1.jpg

question_2.jpg

question_3.jpg

question_4.jpg

question_5.jpg

Edited by DonZorro

Bastiano Coimbra de la Coronilla y Azevedo...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Tango, i don't want to get all negative on you as i have actually really grown to like this mod. However, i feel the night lighting could be better executed. This might just be due to a limitation. In fact, the more i thik about it the more that seems like a reasonable explanation. However i'd like to provide this feedback to you any way as that is the point of this forum. Specifically, when you activate instrument lighting during the day, the instruments actually go a good deal darker than they already are. Which is unrealistic, and during multi-player, for some reason when ever i auto-start up, night lighting is activated automatically even if it is broad daylight outside.

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question. Now I don't know if anyone has noticed this but for some reason the HUD MOD ie the Mint Green and the Amber White HUD which you can add to BS don't work with the latest Sharkpit version 1.4 from Lockon in fact they didn't work with the other versions either. Could anyone have a lookee at this and see what could be the cause. Timm

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. It comes to us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.” John Wayne

I pretty much have everything together now, this is going to be the last WIP update - unless anyone has some really splendid reference material he wants to contribute.

@ psycho, are you sure that's a marking and not some jpeg compression artifact? :D In any case, i added a marking on the ADF channel selector!

Russian Pit for a change:

final1h.jpg

final2w.jpg

final3q.jpg

final31.jpg

final32.jpg

final4c.jpg

finaln1.jpg

finaln2.jpg