Looking to do simple Server to host Coop w/ a Friend

Keith Briscoe

Hi all.  I've been searching the forum and YT... finding bits and pieces but just wonder if there's an all-in-one answer somewhere (fingers crossed).  I'd like to use my PC as the host so a friend and I can do some coop missions (found on ED user files).
I understand the basic steps from the DCS Multiplayer screen, but it seems there are additional steps required outside of DCS (Windows, Firewall, Router, etc.).

Appreciate any help here.  I'm not a SW or HW or IT Admin, so please don't assume I know what / where stuff is.  But, I'm willing and able to learn.  Thanks!!

1) Port forward port 10308 (or whichever you want to use) (Google how to do that. It varies with hardware and provider)

2) May not be required, but you can add an exception for that port in your firewall

3) Launch DCS, go to multiplayer and press "Host server". In there, set up password, number of players etc and click on the "+" to add the mission you want. Then start it

4) Let your friend know your server is up and he should be able to join

Additional, DCS related infos can be found in the 2020 user manual located here: \DCS World OpenBeta\Doc, page 373

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keith Briscoe said:

Thank you.  Ok, so I do or don't have to set either / both Inbound Rule and Outbound Rule in Windows Defender?

Just inbound on port 10308 TCP and UDP ( or the one you select )

Edited by Maverick87Shaka
  • Like 1

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

22 hours ago, Maverick87Shaka said:

Just inbound on port 10308 TCP and UDP ( or the one you select )

By the way, when I create the Inbound Rule in the Firewall, should I do this for "Program" or for "Port".  Believe it is Port (that's what I used), but just want to check.
Hoping to have a friend help me test today if this worked.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Keith Briscoe said:

By the way, when I create the Inbound Rule in the Firewall, should I do this for "Program" or for "Port".  Believe it is Port (that's what I used), but just want to check.
Hoping to have a friend help me test today if this worked.

Thanks!

Always use port as rules on Windows firewall, mapping applications on windows firewall is not 100% reliable 😉

• Like 1

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!