The only module that crashes...

Raphomet

1 hour ago, Raphomet said:

Maybe one of you guys has an answer for this?

do a quick test: rename the folder C:\Users\Raphi\Saved Games\DCS\Mods to Mods.bak, to ensure the problem isn’t caused by a user mod

and also do a Steam verify to confirm the integrity of the game files.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Rudel_chw:

do a quick test: rename the folder C:\Users\Raphi\Saved Games\DCS\Mods to Mods.bak, to ensure the problem isn’t caused by a user mod

and also do a Steam verify to confirm the integrity of the game files.

I did everything you told me to do, and now it crashed even 10 seconds into the cockpit...

It created a new DCS_AJS37 Folder without the .bak that i added to the old one.

I just dont get it. Every other module works fine.

dcs.log

23 minutes ago, Raphomet said:

It created a new DCS_AJS37 Folder without the .bak that i added to the old one.

Hi, 

can you please show what is the content of your C:\Users\Raphi\Saved Games\DCS\ folder?

by any chance, have you enabled a custom cockpit for the viggen? Areyou using a custom livery for it?

Your log does show quite afew errors for the viggen module, but doesnt show a clear cause for the crash.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

vor 17 Minuten schrieb Rudel_chw:

Hi, 

can you please show what is the content of your C:\Users\Raphi\Saved Games\DCS\ folder?

by any chance, have you enabled a custom cockpit for the viggen? Areyou using a custom livery for it?

Your log does show quite afew errors for the viggen module, but doesnt show a clear cause for the crash.

I dont really know how to show you the folder, but i dont use a custom Cockpit or livery.

folder.jpg

34 minutes ago, Raphomet said:

I dont really know how to show you the folder ...

With the folder windows active, pressing the Alt + PrintScreen keys will place its image on the clipboard, then open a graphics program like Paint, and paste it there. Save the file and upload it somewhere 👍

34 minutes ago, Raphomet said:

... i dont use a custom Cockpit or livery.

By default, the Viggen cames with two cockpits: Default and "Imperial Stickers", on my case I also have the custom cockpit "English". make sure to be using the "Default", I'm just trying to eliminate any possible cause.

W4w5j1Q.jpg

On DCS, a crash like yours can only have three sources:

1) A hardware fault, which on your case is highly unlikely since other DCS Modules work fine.

2) A corrupt DCS program file ... these are validated with the Steam's "Verify Integrity" button:

PURodFF.jpg

I imagine you have already checked the integrity.

3) The last possible cause, is a file within the DCS User area at /Saved Games/ ... you can force DCS to re-create this area, in the following way:

make sure to not be using the DCS Off-line Mode.

exit DCS

rename the folder C:\Users\Raphi\Saved Games\DCS\ to DCS.bak (renaming allows you to easily go back to your prior status).

then restart DCS, it will ask for your user credentials and it will create a default C:\Users\Raphi\Saved Games\DCS\ folder ... do not attempt to play, instead exit DCS.

Then copy the \Config sub folder of your PRIOR folder (at DCS.bak), which contains your basic configuration (DCS user credentials, graphics options, and command bindings)

Now restart DCS and then re-test your Viggen Module.

Does the Viggen now works?

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Rudel_chw:

With the folder windows active, pressing the Alt + PrintScreen keys will place its image on the clipboard, then open a graphics program like Paint, and paste it there. Save the file and upload it somewhere 👍

By default, the Viggen cames with two cockpits: Default and "Imperial Stickers", on my case I also have the custom cockpit "English". make sure to be using the "Default", I'm just trying to eliminate any possible cause.

W4w5j1Q.jpg

On DCS, a crash like yours can only have three sources:

1) A hardware fault, which on your case is highly unlikely since other DCS Modules work fine.

2) A corrupt DCS program file ... these are validated with the Steam's "Verify Integrity" button:

PURodFF.jpg

I imagine you have already checked the integrity.

3) The last possible cause, is a file within the DCS User area at /Saved Games/ ... you can force DCS to re-create this area, in the following way:

make sure to not be using the DCS Off-line Mode.

exit DCS

rename the folder C:\Users\Raphi\Saved Games\DCS\ to DCS.bak (renaming allows you to easily go back to your prior status).

then restart DCS, it will ask for your user credentials and it will create a default C:\Users\Raphi\Saved Games\DCS\ folder ... do not attempt to play, instead exit DCS.

Then copy the \Config sub folder of your PRIOR folder (at DCS.bak), which contains your basic configuration (DCS user credentials, graphics options, and command bindings)

Now restart DCS and then re-test your Viggen Module.

Does the Viggen now works?

Did everything you listed, but no chance. Small CAS mission, 10 Minutes in, CTD

2 hours ago, Raphomet said:

😞 ... ok, seems like you will need to open a support ticket, so that an experienced ED tech support person can help you:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Raphomet said:

Hey Raphomet!
Can you send the mission file, or simply post it here in this thread? I am going to take a look later on ...

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Was it one of the:
a) "INSTANT ACTION" missions, or
b) "TRAINING" missions, or
c) "CREATE FAST MISSION", or
d) Did you create one with the mission editor ?
Depending on this, the mission file is located on different places on your disc.

If you know the name of the mission, you can do a file search with the windows search function.
Without the mission file (.miz) its hard to check whats going on...

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb TOViper:

Was it one of the:
a) "INSTANT ACTION" missions, or
b) "TRAINING" missions, or
c) "CREATE FAST MISSION", or
d) Did you create one with the mission editor ?
Depending on this, the mission file is located on different places on your disc.

If you know the name of the mission, you can do a file search with the windows search function.
Without the mission file (.miz) its hard to check whats going on...

It was a little CAS mission i made in the editor. I did not finish it because of the crashes.

Northern_Strike.miz

It crashes my DCS as well, about 12 to 15 minutes after starting it.
I did not took off with any aircraft, just watched the show.
Next test: I will remove the Viggen from the mission and replace it with the Su25, and watch again.

Edited by TOViper
  • Like 1

my computer:

I managed to run the mission, but without Viggen. IMHO, the crash is related solely to the Viggen.
Reading the logfile, it might have to do with the amount of targets and the update of the data-cardridges target list, but I am not an expert in understanding DCS log files and it might be related to something else.

Thus, I'll forward this to the Heatblur team, including my logs and the TRK.
@MYSE1234 Can you please check this one out, maybe its a (known) bug, thanks!

dcs.20240216-142313.log dcs.20240216-142313.trk dxdiag.txt

Edited by TOViper
  • Like 1

my computer:

@Raphomet Have you tried deleting your DCS_AJS37 folder inside Saved Games, or deleting all files inside it? Some times you get a bad cartridge file in there that causes a crash. The mission itself funs fine for me. And you there's tonnes of weird DTC stuff in the log, so I'd start with removing the cartridge files.

@TOViper

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

vor 2 Stunden schrieb MYSE1234:

@Raphomet Have you tried deleting your DCS_AJS37 folder inside Saved Games, or deleting all files inside it? Some times you get a bad cartridge file in there that causes a crash. The mission itself funs fine for me. And you there's tonnes of weird DTC stuff in the log, so I'd start with removing the cartridge files.

@TOViper

Yes i tried that several times.

5 hours ago, TOViper said:

It crashes my DCS as well, about 12 to 15 minutes after starting it.

Hi,

Same on mine as well, it took a bit over 9 minutes .. I was on the Viggen's cockpit, just watching the action in external view. here are my crash files:

I had disabled all of my Mods for this test, it is a strange bug indeed. 🤔

dcs.log-20240216-200247.zip

Otherwise, the Viggen works fine on my system, I've been flying it almost daily trying to master the Rb05 for a Training mission that I'm editing  🙂

Edited by Rudel_chw