Latest Oculus v63 PTC build crashing DCS when used on Oculus Link

SrSosio

5 minutes ago, Dogmanbird said:

63.0.0.400.363 which has been the same for at least a week

OK. So I have just checked my headset and there is an update waiting. I presume the ".400." version is the one which breaks everything. Maybe these are being pushed out to QP later than Q3. I'm not going to upgrade until I have to (24th April). 

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

39 minutes ago, YoYo said:

I checked the version in goggles, this is what it looks like for me, and after updating the Cable Link Application it works (v63), but Im left with information about v63 in the goggles themselves too (postponed to the end of April). DCS works ok in VR OXR for me.

Goggles: 

afPe4v4.jpg

Meta Link App:

UoK1pvG.jpg

What page is that?  An oculus page or through system settings?  It says you are running Quest.  I have Rift S.  Different Oculus software perhaps?

the last part of my version and runtime end with  045 and 360 which are different to yoyo's. it might be the same for the pc app and it doesn't show it

i think we could be getting slightly different versions which might make it hard to pinpoint

Edited by Dogmanbird

POTENTIAL FIX OCULUS QUEST 2 META/Oculus V63 update crashing DCS on startup.

My System:

Intel i7-13700

RTX 3060

Oculus Quest 2

I may have found a fix for the Oculus desktop and Meta Quest 2 V63 update which has been rolled out to all users.

Uninstalled and reinstalled DCS.   -  (may not be necessary)

Rebooted the Oculus Quest 2.

Uninstalled and reinstalled Oculus desktop.

At first run of the Oculus desktop I did not set the Oculus as the default OpenXR runtime in General settings. (may not be necessary)

Then reestablished the wired link.

Started DCS via the link successfully in VR. 

I then closed DCS after a short test flight.  Hand controllers did not work well during the flight.  Sporadically usable.

Shutdown the Oculus Quest 2.

Set Oculus desktop as the default OpenXR runtime.

I then closed DCS after a short test flight.   All working wired and wirelessly.  Both the HMD and the desktop software are version 63.

Seems to me the key was to fully uninstall the Oculus desktop software and reinstall.

Hope this helps.

2 minutes ago, Viper19ca said:

POTENTIAL FIX OCULUS QUEST 2 META/Oculus V63 update crashing DCS on startup.

My System:

Intel i7-13700

RTX 3060

Oculus Quest 2

I may have found a fix for the Oculus desktop and Meta Quest 2 V63 update which has been rolled out to all users.

Uninstalled and reinstalled DCS.   -  (may not be necessary)

Rebooted the Oculus Quest 2.

Uninstalled and reinstalled Oculus desktop.

At first run of the Oculus desktop I did not set the Oculus as the default OpenXR runtime in General settings. (may not be necessary)

I then closed DCS after a short test flight.  Hand controllers did not work well during the flight.  Sporadically usable.

Shutdown the Oculus Quest 2.

Set Oculus desktop as the default OpenXR runtime.

I then closed DCS after a short test flight.   All working wired and wirelessly.  Both the HMD and the desktop software are version 63.

Seems to me the key was to fully uninstall the Oculus desktop software and reinstall.

Hope this helps.

I have done the uninstall and reinstall three times.  No success with my Rift S

35 minutes ago, Dogmanbird said:

the last part of my version and runtime end with  045 and 360 which are different to yoyo's. it might be the same for the pc app and it doesn't show it

i think we could be getting slightly different versions which might make it hard to pinpoint

I think your right. I've been trying see if we can track a version history to see where it goes wrong. The PC version is consistent but the headset versions vary. 

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

There is no magical fix folks. Meta changed the API and it requires an associated change in DCS. It's as simple as that. If your system currently works with v63 and DCS via Oculus link, you've just not been pushed the version that has the change yet. Meta release updates/partial updates in dribs and drabs all the time to different groups of users. It's discussed a lot on the Meta support forums.

Next, you will all be moaning when ED release the next build and all those who haven't yet had the affected v63 release find they can't use VR and DCS. @BIGNEWYhas this been factored into the fix or will DCS only work with the new Meta API?

Edited by slughead
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, slughead said:

There is no magical fix folks. Meta changed the API and it requires an associated change in DCS. It's as simple as that. If your system currently works with v63 and DCS via Oculus link, you've just not been pushed the version that has the change yet. Meta release updates/partial updates in dribs and drabs all the time. It's discussed a lot on the Meta support forums.

Next, you will all be moaning when ED release the next build and all those who haven't yet had the affected v63 release find they can't use VR and DCS. @BIGNEWYhas this been factored into the fix or will DCS only work with the new Meta API?

Thanks Slughead.  Waiting patiently for the next DCS update.  Fingers crossed it solves the issues.   If the F-4E gets released prior, my frustrations will redline!

• Like 1

• ED Team

4 minutes ago, slughead said:

We have a fix that has been tested internally for the next patch, we did see some issues during the tests with third party VR software that also complicated the fix, the long and short of this is complex software will always be a challenge and things will break from time to time. Thank you all for the feedback and for the crash logs, and also for community members who have found various work arounds. 

I hope I can share the patch date with you all soon, I am waiting for the all clear from QA before I update the patch status post. 

thanks

• Like 5

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 3/26/2024 at 1:17 AM, tribbin said:

OK guys... I got it working.

1. Download the folders on this guys Google Drive: https://www.reddit.com/r/dcsworld/comments/1blxiry/comment/kwkcbib/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button
(and give this Redditor an upvote)

2. Stop the Oculus service in Windows.

3. Overwrite the -client and -runtime folders in C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support with his files.

4. Start Oculus app and then start DCS.

If Oculus updates, repeat steps 2, 3 and 4.

image.png

Thanks so much. This got mine back up in no time. Though it still states in the Oculus app on my desktop V63...... but it works, all that matters. Some additional hoops so let me explain how I got this working for folks like me that need a step-by-step (ooooh baby etc...):

1. download the client and runtime from here.

2. stop oculus app: windows key and type "services" find "OculusVR Runtime Service" and right click to bring up properties.

3. "startup type" set to manual and apply.

4. restart the computer.

5. open C, programs, Oculus, support, save the files "Oculus-client" and "oculus runtime" as a backup (not needed but good practice)

6. copy downloaded files into each of these folders.

7. if files stop then something is triggering oculus software.

8. when complete, start oculus software and disable automatic updates, do the same on the headset if needed.

9. this should now boot up DCS as before.

I am running windows 11 with quest 2 and the above has solved the issues for me.

Thanks to everyone listed in the above links to making this available. Hope this helps as I have had to dig around a bit to find out how to stop services and what not. 

• Like 4

I have the issue. just booted up DCS today and wont boot with VR selected. if you rename the DCS folder in the user directory it loads, but as soon as VR option is selected again it doesn't load. you get the auth pop up, then nothing, straight back to the windows desktop

@majorandme i have the rift s too and i got it to work through steam. i have the open beta version. go into steam, open the steam vr, go into its settings, pic2;point2 it will say something about openxr,choose it, then it will change into what it looks in my pic2.  then downleft on steamlibrary Add game (point4) and choose the mt version. after that choose it from your game list and should look like pic4, on the right side i had to choose "needs vr" (point5). after that it worked.  im not shure if you need to apply layers and that meta plugin (points 2 and 3). hope this helps you and others with Rift S.

oh and i have that in the properties of the game in steam too. dont know if its needed after u choose the "needs vr" option but have it anyway  🙂

steam1.png

steam2.png

steam4.png

steam5.png

steam6.png

Edited by TheIziWarrior
needed to add pic
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, TheIziWarrior said:

@majorandme i have the rift s too and i got it to work through steam. i have the open beta version. go into steam, open the steam vr, go into its settings, pic2;point2 it will say something about openxr,choose it, then it will change into what it looks in my pic2.  then downleft on steamlibrary Add game (point4) and choose the mt version. after that choose it from your game list and should look like pic4, on the right side i had to choose "needs vr" (point5). after that it worked.  im not shure if you need to apply layers and that meta plugin (points 2 and 3). hope this helps you and others with Rift S.  🙂

steam1.png

steam2.png

steam4.png

steam5.png

I don't have the OPENXR layer thingy.  How do i fix this?

null

image.png

4 minutes ago, TheIziWarrior said:

@majorandme did u try to start the game from steamlibrary?

Done!  Installed the toolkit and went through your steps.  Up and running.  A tad jittery and sort of pixilated, but at least running again for now.  Your rock!!!

@majorandme yes the flashing and jittery is horrible but u might want to take a look at your settings in dcs. the mt version had its own settings and i had to tweak them to match the ST version. i also put down grass and trees to minimum and clouds to low and preload radius to 40000, then it was smooth again

• Like 2

6 hours ago, VirusAM said:

Asking for a friend.....
Does it work also with the Rift S?
Ps nice to see you posting again..I hope all is good

This looks promising?  Pardon my ignorance but i assume this still needs a version (v63) or otherwise installed on my system to work?

Thanks.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i9-13900K - 64GB Corsair Vengeance RAM @ 3200 MHz - ASUS TUF GAMING B660-PLUS WIFI D4 - Zotac NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 - 2TB  INTEL NVMe SSD (Windows 10) - Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB (DCS) - Crucial CT1000 1TB NVMe SSD - WinWing F-16EX Stick - WinWing Orion Throttle Base with both F-18 & F-16C TQS Throttle Grips - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech G-910 Keyboard - Logitech G-502 Lightspeed Mouse - Logitech G-533 Headset - Occulus Quest Pro VR - TrackIR 5 with Track Clip Pro

8 minutes ago, -Sledgehammer- said:

damn, now it hit me too…so sad. pls eagle dynamics bring that patch before easter, pls pls…

A great Easter present would be a DCS update AND the F-4E release!  And a big-ass chocolate bunny as well. Lets not be too demanding!