Latest Oculus v63 PTC build crashing DCS when used on Oculus Link

SrSosio

8 minutes ago, Gizzy said:

Yeah it was, sorry, Q3 software mess blindness trying to get something to work.  Sincere apologies..... I cany see anything wrong here, but then knowledge is limited so any help appreciated.
nullnull

image.png

image.png

dcs.log 16.66 kB · 1 download OpenXR.log 531 B · 1 download

My best guess is you have something else interfering, we know things like Ultraleap cause issues with DCS/OpenXR, there's probably more.

I'd recommend you install OpenXR Explorer and inspect the list of API layers (center column, bottom part).

This account is now inactive and not monitored.

Here's another alternative while we wait for the patch (Meta or ED - whoever gets there first). One kind soul on Hoggit has saved and uploaded his client and run time files from v62:

I've tried it and can confirm it works. You need to the following steps:

1 - Turn off Oculus VR Runtime Service

2 - Copy these files into your ProgramFiles/Oculus/Support folder 

3 - Add the the missing app.asar file in the oculus-client/resources folder from your latest version of the oculus-client

The only issue is because he didn't share his oculus-diagnostics folder, the Oculus Debug tool doesn't work as theres a mismatch between the Debug tool and the runtime version. Other than that, everything works as before Meta pushed their update. Hope this helps people.

5 hours ago, Hangry Kraken said:

So about a month ago i was having an issue with DCS MT crashing on startup in vr. Someone on the forums linked a thread saying there was an issue that if you were on the public test channel on the Oculus app it would cause DCS to Crash on start up. i opted out of the PTC and that fixed the problem, until last night when i updated the Oculus app. it seems that whatever was causing the issue when it was in beta is still there in the now current version of the oculus app. This is horribly frustrating Because i know the fix but since the oculus app doesn't let you revert to older versions there is nothing i can do about it. So i guess i'm posting this in hopes that someone out there knows another fix or that there is a dev who can tell me if this is being worked on. I will link the previously mentioned posts and a log below. Thank you for any help.

dcs.log 13.75 kB · 3 downloads

Did you get it fixed? I had the exact same issue start last night. A person from my flight group helped me revert back to V 62 for Oculus which solved the problem.

3 hours ago, les said:

I can't now update dcs even if there is an update fix, oculus is not running, headset not plugged in, I have stopped all the oculus processes I can see In taskmanager and dcs still won't start.....it also won't update as the last time it was used was in offline mode, so I'm really stuck....any ideas on getting dcs to run in basic desktop mode?

dcs_updater.exe does the updates, not dcs.exe, so yes, you can update.

You can also run dcs.exe --force_disable_VR and play on monitor.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

22 hours ago, Qcumber said:

What version are you using? I am using this version and also have no problems running oculus link cable.

Headset version: 63.0.0.327.363.576466842

Runtime version: 63.0.0.324.363.576466932

Headset version: 63.0.0.400

Runtime version: 63.0.0.397

AMD Ryzen 9 5900 - AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT - 64GB 3200 - Win 11 - 2 TB SSD (game drive) - Quest 3.

21 hours ago, tribbin said:

OK guys... I got it working.

1. Download the folders on this guys Google Drive: https://www.reddit.com/r/dcsworld/comments/1blxiry/comment/kwkcbib/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button
(and give this Redditor an upvote)

2. Stop the Oculus service in Windows.

3. Overwrite the -client and -runtime folders in C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support with his files.

4. Start Oculus app and then start DCS.

If Oculus updates, repeat steps 2, 3 and 4.

image.png

This worked for me! Thanks so much!! 

Not happy with virtual desktop over cable, let alone wifi, so this worked like a charm

Edit: version is Meta Quest Link App Version 63.0.0.216.361 (63.0.0.216.361)

Edited by Toro
  • Like 1

Quest Pro + Ryzen 5700x + Nvidia 3090 + 64GB RAM

WW F16EX Stick + WW F15EX Throttle + 2x TM MFD + ICP Replica + BBJ Buttonbox 

F16C & F15E & A10 C2 & FC3 + CAU & NTTR & PG & SYR & MAR 

4 minutes ago, ddc196 said:

Headset version: 63.0.0.400

Runtime version: 63.0.0.397

OK. It looks like you have a version ahead of me. Mine works and so does yours. It would be interesting to see if the people who are having issues have an earlier versions. 

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro

It does work.  But without the debug tool able to run it looks like poop.  Very choppy and can't see displays.  Gonna see if the Oculus tray tool may be able to help instead later.

On 2/15/2024 at 7:04 PM, mimamema said:

I can confirm this,  this has just happened to me, I was having problems running DCS and after following @slugheadadvice of downgrading to V62  that shorted the problem. The only thing I could add is that the Oculus version in conflict with DCS VR is V63 which is only available in the Public Test Channel. null

image.png

how do I change back?

5 minutes ago, sBinn64 said:

how do I change back?

Just start at page one and read a bit, it's posted a zillion times already.

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Updated to beta on quest. No change.

i did get VR working setting SteamVR as openXR but without the Oculus software and OTT (with openxr) performance is bad. Makes me realize how much OTT and open XR outside of SteamVR is: night and day.

so…back to pancake

1 hour ago, Qcumber said:

OK. It looks like you have a version ahead of me. Mine works and so does yours. It would be interesting to see if the people who are having issues have an earlier versions. 

So, evidently I was wrong. I haven't played for the past two days. My quest 3 was updated yesterday and, DCS does not work. My mistake. Will wait for a patch from ED which I'm sure will come soon. 

Edited by ddc196

AMD Ryzen 9 5900 - AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT - 64GB 3200 - Win 11 - 2 TB SSD (game drive) - Quest 3.

3 hours ago, 336_TheAngryGamer said:

Did you get it fixed? I had the exact same issue start last night. A person from my flight group helped me revert back to V 62 for Oculus which solved the problem.

no i did not, from what ive read there is no way to revert the pc app. 

22 hours ago, tribbin said:

1. Download the folders on this guys Google Drive: https://www.reddit.com/r/dcsworld/comments/1blxiry/comment/kwkcbib/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web3x&utm_name=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

3. Overwrite the -client and -runtime folders in C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support with his files.

image.png

That work for me, the only thing the limit of the Quest 2 in blue appear in game, But DCS and QUEST work that was fine for me  🙂  THANKS for the '' FIX''

• Like 1

Same for me. I bought a Quest 3 only for DCS. V63 crashes the sim after loading screen. This is pathetic. Now reverting to V62 or waiting with relaxation app on my bed is the only option, as I sold my Track IR and big screen :(

• Like 1

I don't believe the issue affects Q2 and Q3 over QP. I'm using a Q3. It along with my Q2 both work with DCS since I did the system restore thing I described early in this thread. After the restore operation I opted out of the PTC and it downloaded an update. I ended up with V63.0.0.216.361 and it  has worked since. From where I'm sitting it seems to be the version of V63 you're running. For example V63.0.0.150.361 seems to be one that won't launch. Is there anyone with V63.0.0.216.361 that can't launch DCS with Oculus runtime? That being said once ED  releases the patch I'm going to reinstall my Oculus software. 

Rig Specs, i5-12600K, Asus Tuf Gaming Z690 Plus MB, 64 GB Kingston Vengeance Beast ram, Asus RTX 4070 OC, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 1 TB NVme SSD Drive, EVGA 750 Watt PS. Windows 11 Pro 22H2, Vizio 43 inch G-Sync Compatible TV, Oculus Quest 3, CH Hotas,( Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, All axis analog pots converted to sensors), MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, V3.

@mbucchiatried those  apps, ID'ed and removed 'open vr kneeboard' and 'vrnecksaver'.  For good luck removed scratchpad and DCSDTC as they have a component that displays in VR...... 

2D DCS will now open - cheers mate.  VR is still 'men at work'...
@BIGNEWYothers might benefit from removing anything similar...

SIGBLOCK.png

So…even though I had automatic updates disabled, the Meta PC software updated itself today to v63. My Quest Pro is still on v62 as far as I can tell. It‘s still running via QuestLink (cable) and Oculus set as OpenXR runtime (no SteamVR involved).

Only thing I noticed is, that ASW seams to be slower to kick in. Might be wrong though.

vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

image.png

On 3/25/2024 at 7:17 PM, tribbin said:

image.png

I't wont let me copy/paste the files from the drive into the folders, anything I'm doing wrong?

Very similar problem here - but - I have not upgraded to Ver 63 on the headset. Unfortunately, the QuestLink software on the PC updated to Ver 63 (Meta Quest Link App Version 63.0.0.216.361 (63.0.0.216.361)) without my asking for it. I guess I'm back to TrackIR until something is done.

2 hours ago, sBinn64 said:

I't wont let me copy/paste the files from the drive into the folders, anything I'm doing wrong?

i got permissions errors too, i think i had to first extract the contents into a different folder if you're trying to drag them from the zips, delete the old folders (or copy them out to back them up to be safe) then copy them over from that temporary spot, i think then it prompts you for permissions properly and works

either way - doing this method with the oculus-client and oculus-runtime has now kept my dcs working for just over 24 hours so it does seem to be a temporary fix, it does cause weird oculus errors on my desktop though and clearly lots of people still struggling so hoping for a fix soon, kinda doubting the stability of this 'fix' too, im getting more crashes and stutters than i usually do

Edited by smt