DCS: Syria update 2024

MAESTR0

So I have to ask this because it’s been bugging me for a few days now. Was Amman, Jordan always on this map? I swear I do Not remember it being there. I’ve done a couple of Syria Map Expansion videos for my YouTube channel and one was for Amman airport, which I know was just added but I do Not remember the city being there before. I never really flew this far south in the Syria map since there wasn’t much there (or I thought there wasn’t)! Amman now is pretty big and just flows over the hills like in the Sinai map. It’s pretty awesome! So if someone could let me know I would appreciate it! I have one, maybe two more videos to do for this latest expansion and would like to know so I can say something about it. Anyway thank you! The map looks fantastic!

If you’re interested in seeing the videos you can find them on my YT channel…

https://youtube.com/@ricbish4122?si=IBRfBT9fYaFJmggG

On 3/11/2024 at 4:53 PM, Ebphoto said:

So I have to ask this because it’s been bugging me for a few days now. Was Amman, Jordan always on this map? I swear I do Not remember it being there. I’ve done a couple of Syria Map Expansion videos for my YouTube channel and one was for Amman airport, which I know was just added but I do Not remember the city being there before. I never really flew this far south in the Syria map since there wasn’t much there (or I thought there wasn’t)! Amman now is pretty big and just flows over the hills like in the Sinai map. It’s pretty awesome! So if someone could let me know I would appreciate it! I have one, maybe two more videos to do for this latest expansion and would like to know so I can say something about it. Anyway thank you! The map looks fantastic!

If you’re interested in seeing the videos you can find them on my YT channel…

https://youtube.com/@ricbish4122?si=IBRfBT9fYaFJmggG

No, Amman has recently been added!

To my utmost surprise I may add. Al Azraq AB was requested by several people, including me, but I never expected Ugra to also add this massive city.

There have been some complaints in the past in regard to lack of bug solving and response (ahum... kneeboard.. 😉), but imo Ugra redeemed themselves. This last update was truly impressive if you ask me.

• Like 7

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

5 hours ago, sirrah said:

No, Amman has recently been added!

To my utmost surprise I may add. Al Azraq AB was requested by several people, including me, but I never expected Ugra to also add this massive city.

There have been some complaints in the past in regard to lack of bug solving and response (ahum... kneeboard.. 😉), but imo Ugra redeemed themselves. This last update was truly impressive if you ask me.

I tbh was not sure about Amman too, thanks for letting us know! I agree while that kneeboard thing was a real annoyance and made many people mad (me including), they solved this eventually and worked hard to earn a lot of extra points. It is definitely impressive what Ugra is putting on the table. Still best (post WW2) map in DCS so far and i think it will be for a good time.

Thanks for the info, I thought I was going nuts for a week there! I knew I hadn't seen it before except on the Sinai map. This is really great and the map is just getting better and better! I'll have to do a whole mission on Amman and the are around it. Thanks again!

Are there plans to update the in-game 'charts/F10 map' (for lack of a better word) to include the new additions.
Right now the moving maps in F-15E (And would assume other jets as well) just show a black void for the newly added areas.  

• Like 2

Rig: intel i9-9900kf @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming