How can i reinstall DCS OB and stable

Go to solution Solved by silverdevil,

hi

I reinstall all Windows 11 formatting pc (and drive C:).

I have 2 install on ssd D:. One for Open Beta and one one for the stable.

Now I would like to reinstall everything on these 2 existing directories.

How can I do this while making sure the registry values are also written?

I also backed up the contents of the Saved Games folder.

When starting DCS the commands, for example those of the axes, do not correspond to those made by me

How do it?

Please one step by step

"I told Orville and i told Wilbur, that thing will never fly" The last fomous words

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, lorfar said:

hi

I reinstall all Windows 11 formatting pc (and drive C:).

I have 2 install on ssd D:. One for Open Beta and one one for the stable.

Now I would like to reinstall everything on these 2 existing directories.

How can I do this while making sure the registry values are also written?

I also backed up the contents of the Saved Games folder.

When starting DCS the commands, for example those of the axes, do not correspond to those made by me

How do it?

Please one step by step

hello. have a look at this PDF i created. make sure you keep a backup on the Saved Games. this is most important.

https://pcwiseman.com/downloads_files/DCS_New_Computer.pdf

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

2 ore fa, silverdevil ha scritto:

hello. have a look at this PDF i created. make sure you keep a backup on the Saved Games. this is most important.

https://pcwiseman.com/downloads_files/DCS_New_Computer.pdf

In any case i must redownload new fresh installation ?

I would have approximately 190 to download.

In any case should I rename the old .lua files with the new guid?

Edited by lorfar

"I told Orville and i told Wilbur, that thing will never fly" The last fomous words

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

4 hours ago, lorfar said:

In any case i must redownload new fresh installation ?

I would have approximately 190 to download.

In any case should I rename the old .lua files with the new guid?

hi. no do a repair. there is almost never a need to reinstall. the repair will fix everything. rename your \saved games\dcs folder to .bak. the controls will be in the \saved games\dcs\config\input folder. come back after your repair. i will help you if you need it.

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

6 ore fa, silverdevil ha scritto:

hi. no do a repair. there is almost never a need to reinstall. the repair will fix everything. rename your \saved games\dcs folder to .bak. the controls will be in the \saved games\dcs\config\input folder. come back after your repair. i will help you if you need it.

I do the repair.

Can i modify guid by regedit?

or in another way?

I have 28 modules + Flaming Cliffs 3 (6 modules). 34 air craft.

I have stick + throttle + Rudder pedals. (3 devices).

If I have to rename all the lua files it is 204 operations (34 modules multiplied by 3 devices).

Edited by lorfar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

10 ore fa, silverdevil ha scritto:

Thanks silverdevil. Now I understand everything

Inside DCS I just need to import the old lua files.😁😅

Another thing. Is the repair process sufficient for installation?

Does it enter the keys in the registry correctly?

Or, if he doesn't include them, are they actually necessary?

😁

Edited by lorfar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Solution
38 minutes ago, lorfar said:

Another thing. Is the repair process sufficient for installation?

Does it enter the keys in the registry correctly?

Or, if he doesn't include them, are they actually necessary?

importing yes! i renamed my LUAs but import likely works fine. renaming the LUAs is how i did it.

the repair process is sufficient to get the game folder healthy. there is little need for anyone to reinstall. many times users do this only to find that either windows is causing problems. or something in Saved Games. i do not believe is much in the registry that needs manual changing. but repair will do this.

31 minuti fa, silverdevil ha scritto:

importing yes! i renamed my LUAs but import likely works fine. renaming the LUAs is how i did it.

the repair process is sufficient to get the game folder healthy. there is little need for anyone to reinstall. many times users do this only to find that either windows is causing problems. or something in Saved Games. i do not believe is much in the registry that needs manual changing. but repair will do this.

Many thanks.

It's not possible in some way insert old guid in regedit or in other location in the operation system ?

After the last update what is the difference between the open beta and the stable one?

Edited by lorfar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

5 minutes ago, lorfar said:

It's not possible in some way insert old guid in regedit or in other location in the operation system ?

to my knowledge no. i have a controller with GUID of "53E5BBD0-924B-11ec-8001-444553540000". searched registry and came up with no results.

however the GUID per controller remains constant between aircraft. so you could do a batch file to rename everything from the old GUID to the new GUID

ren "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog {12345678-924B-11ec-8001-444553540000}.diff.lua" "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog {53E5BBD0-924B-11ec-8001-444553540000}.diff.lua"

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-rename-multiple-files-bulk-windows-10

After the last update what is the difference between the open beta and the stable one?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]