Loud noise in Vista? Heres your fix

Quirkitized

It didn't work for me either so I just went to Realtek site. Here they are directly for those that don't want to search after not being able to get them from first post.

Realtek Fix:

Step 1 - Goto Realtek site: http://www.realtek.com/ then click on "HD Audio Codec Driver" on the bottom right side under Quick Links.

Step 2 - Hit "I accept to the above."

Step 3 - Download "3D SoundBack Beta 0.1" (there site can be slow, be patient)

Step 4 - Install, and goto C:\Program Files (x86)\Realtek\3D Sound Back Beta0.1

Step 5 -

Open program

Click ADD GAME

Game: DCS

Game path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\bin

Click OK

Done.

For CREATIVE ALCHEMY

It is the same deal as Realtek, so I will post short verison. Just go to http://support.creative.com/downloads/download.aspx?nDownloadId=10922 . Hit AGREE, download it, and install/use it just like realtek mentioned above.

The Creative was 100% fix for me, the realtek fixed it a good 98% i'd say. Once in awhile the sound is just a "tad" higher, so i just open/close door or ext view then back into cockpit view but it was nothing like before I used these fixes, it was unbearable.

Edited by Quirkitized

didnt work for me it ask for a please insert disk one while installing the down load didnt come with a disk.lol

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Your going to have to understand...these programs meant to get the abstract layer out of a dx9 based game into a dx10 environment arent exactly fool-proof, and most likely wont work 100% of the time. As a matter of fact, its either hit-or-miss with both alchemy and this realtek fix. Its worked only a handful of times for me in LOFC, although Ive never tried it in BS. Ill give it another shot later on.

Your going to have to understand...these programs meant to get the abstract layer out of a dx9 based game into a dx10 environment arent exactly fool-proof, and most likely wont work 100% of the time. As a matter of fact, its either hit-or-miss with both alchemy and this realtek fix. Its worked only a handful of times for me in LOFC, although Ive never tried it in BS. Ill give it another shot later on.

It's actually going from DX9 to OpenAL - DX10 doesn't have much to do with it, as you can run DX9 in Vista alongside DX10 (not just backward compatibility - it's actually using DX9 dlls! - that's why you sometimes need to install the DX9 update in Vista before a game will work).

And I've had pretty consistent results with Alchemy - once you find the right settings for your particular setup for a game, it works every time.

EDIT - Not trying to sound snotty btw - just hope you guys can get it working because it is possible!

Ya, worked great for me...I hope it works for some others. The sound was so loud before I used these fixes that I thought my ears were going to bleed, it was massively loud lol. If it doesn't work for people that have the same problem, not sure what to say :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...